Do guns overheat? Issue with projectiles' speed decreasing significantly after certain rounds fired.

I play SP with unlimited ammo and I've noticed that on certain aicraft, specifically Fw-190A8, Spitfire and P-51 the projectile speed significantly decreases and spread increases after a certain amount of rounds fired. Probably when you shoot more rounds than the default capacity of the particular aircraft. The projectiles' speed decreases so much that they barely catch up with the aircraft I'm chasing.

This is weird, since I didn't notice that on P-47 no matter how many rounds I shoot. Also, playing latest Open Beta, if that matters. Anyone else noticed this?

Edited by Arthur-A
Topic edit

• Arthur-A changed the title to Do guns overheat? Issue with projectiles' speed decreasing significantly after certain rounds fired.

Yes, barrel heating and its negative impact on dispersion and muzzle velocity is simulated (or at least should be) for all warbirds. Maybe with unlimitted ammo the relevant code indeed just "runs away" towards too low velocities.

It's interesting that you haven't noticed the effect in the Thunderbolt, though. If this is the case, that would be a bug in itself, worth reporting in the P-47 forum. But, as always, replay tracks, tracks and once again tracks are required in any suspicious issue report.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.