Training Mission 4 - ILS Landing Bug?

Gatoulis

Hello everyone.

For some reason and even when I am doing everything in the correct order, the runway threshold, localizer and box for the Batumi ILS Landing Mission do not appear when I press the APP button. Even when the distance is 10 nm, there is no hope, so I cannot fly the plane at all. Another thing to mention is that the whole scenery is covered in white representing the fog (?).

Can someone please help me. My plane is free of mods, etc...

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Gatoulis said:

Can someone please help me. My plane is free of mods, etc...

The mission was made before DCS's weather and GFX were updated - unfortunately the new changes don't render fog correctly, hence the "whiteout" conditions that make the visual landing much harder than originally intended.

4 hours ago, Gatoulis said:

... even when I am doing everything in the correct order, the runway threshold, localizer and box for the Batumi ILS Landing Mission do not appear when I press the APP button.

For the ILS localizer to appear in the HUD, you need to be tuned into/receiving Batumi's ILS signal and have WPT 2 selected as that is configured as the "landing" waypoint i.e. is programmed with the Glide Slope's angle and Localizer's True direction.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/292390-ils-landing-and-atc/?do=findComment&comment=4885190

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 3 weeks later...