Engine issues when using MW-50(bug?)

oncomms

1 hour ago, MAD-MM said:

Don't they have no MW-50 at least in some fighter slots in Wolf Pack US, as a game balancing move? (I forget offhand if the Dora does it but lately the Kurfurst seems to make the MW-50 boost sound even if there is none, which is confusing. I'll check later and see if the Dora is doing the same. If so that might be making it non-obvious that there's no MW-50 in it.)

I see their Briefing text says

"A few of the  bf109s do not have MW50. Look at the aircraft name in the role selection to determine which planes have MW50 and which planes do not have MW50. There are a few cold start aircraft as well."

None of the Dora slots mention MW50 so maybe this isn't the issue. I'll try to go for a mission in there later and see if anything odd happens. I do know I've had 109s engines die on me for reasons I wasn't quite sure of before, but I suspect it was either warm up time or something that's missing in the hot-start state of the planes. 

Edited by SMH

Okay, watched the track. Your oil temp went out of range high. You're not managing your ATA. MW50 comes on at much higher throttle setting than the maximum ATA you can sustain. Make sure the oil temperature stays within the narrow bracket near the top of the scale. 

• 1 month later...

I've been flying the same mission over and over for the past month. At least before the main April update. IA - Thunderbolt furball. Always the same way:

1. 0-1000 m

2. 350-450 km/h mostly

3. yankinkg the throttle (Xbox controller)

4. not touching the radiator flaps knob

5. MW50 used CONTINUOUSLY, sometimes over 5 minutes at full throttle without a single retarding of the throttle.

Before update:

No engine failures without battle damage.

After the April update:

I started getting unexpected engine failures. I think they are preceded with a pop sound. I'm going to try to grab a short track file.

• Thanks 2