TF-51D flyies too long with the generator turned off.

Riddick
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

I think I found what I was looking for. And everything seems to be fine.
After the flight and a normal landing at the airport, it turned out that the battery was almost discharged.
The radio didn't work until I turned on the generator.
The brightness of the cabin lighting depended on the engine speed.
However, the brightness of the landing light did not depend on engine speed. Maybe that's how it should be?

It is difficult to test such games, it can be difficult to understand where the error is, 
and where you don’t understand something.
By the way, ground personnel do not repair a completely dead battery. I think it is bug.

Edited by Riddick
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2023 at 3:10 PM, Riddick said:
By the way, ground personnel do not repair a completely dead battery. I think it is bug.

I'd like to report this bug but I don't know much about the Mustang. Would you care to explain how to get a dead battery?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

8 minutes ago, Flappie said:

I'd like to report this bug but I don't know much about the Mustang. Would you care to explain how to get a dead battery?

You should be able to drain the battery if you turn any electrical consumers on while having the engine off or, I'm not sure anymore if there is a switch to turn the alternator on/off.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Modern Pb acid batteries have capacities at 24V of about 15-25 amp hours.  The nav lights might have a current draw of 5-10 amps or so, and same with the landing light, so an hour or two of battery time wouldn't be far off.  Not sure about the draw from other electrical stuff, though.

• Like 1