Mig-19P Braking Chute Not Working

Petercove

Can anyone help with my Drogue Chute problem?  When I fly a circuit I raise the gear (putting handle in neural) and flaps and then circuit around to join the the pattern at around 450 kph. I uncover the drogue chute button (near the cannon arming buttons) and fly final approach at around 350 kph after setting flaps to half then full. I cross the threshold just under 300 and touch down on the mains before lowering the nose and waiting til my airspeed is under 220 kph and applying wheel brake. I then actuate the drogue chute button mapped to a button on my HOTAS using the keypress under Control Options for this function. I have even tried mouse clicking the button to no avail. The chute never appears. The CBs are all active and I am left wondering what on earth have I missed?

Update. This issue occurred whilst doing the take off lesson and landing after that.  However doing the landing lesson the braking parachute worked OK. 

Cheers

Peter Coveney

Edited by Petercove

• 2 months later...
On 3/6/2023 at 7:04 AM, Petercove said:

Can anyone help with my Drogue Chute problem? When I fly a circuit I raise the gear (putting handle in neural) and flaps and then circuit around to join the the pattern at around 450 kph. I uncover the drogue chute button (near the cannon arming buttons) and fly final approach at around 350 kph after setting flaps to half then full. I cross the threshold just under 300 and touch down on the mains before lowering the nose and waiting til my airspeed is under 220 kph and applying wheel brake. I then actuate the drogue chute button mapped to a button on my HOTAS using the keypress under Control Options for this function. I have even tried mouse clicking the button to no avail. The chute never appears. The CBs are all active and I am left wondering what on earth have I missed?

Update. This issue occurred whilst doing the take off lesson and landing after that. However doing the landing lesson the braking parachute worked OK.

Cheers

Peter Coveney

So what's the problem? Were you able to solve it?