Anyone heard from Urze lately?

Urze, would you be willing to sell the plans to make the saitek collective? I already have most of the parts for mine (except the keypad, which I messed up... will get another one). The thing is I enjoy building things, so I'm excited about this project. Just let me know... I'll buy the plans for personal use only if you are willing. Thanks... :joystick::pilotfly::thumbup:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been in contact with URZE and like many here, my sense of him is he has started a new business and new product. I am inclined after exchanging emails to trust him to do what he has promised.

I am relying to some extent on the fine reputation he has here in this forum. Went back and read a lot of his emails and looked at the YouTube videos he has posted. He is obviously talented and like many of us more or less obsessed with this genre of gaming.

I am taking the chance because his cyclic which I ordered is unique and innovative. And, to no small effect, I am trusting my sense of who he appears to be. I will wait on the delivery of his product and post here when I have it in hand ( you can all be envious if my trust is well placed.) Seriously, I think a little mis-communication and life taking an unexpected turn is all we are dealing with. You have to make up your own minds but that is what I have decided.

I have decided to treat this like a small start up company that underestimated how much people would want his product. We will (if right) be some of his first and best customers. Years from now, we will all be glad we took a chance on him . That is my take.

I post this here because I complained in another threat (did not know about this thread) .. I have deleted my complaint there after emailing back and forth with him and doing a little more research.

Like you, I hope, trust, and believe we are right in our judgement about him.

Sincerely,

Thomas R Harper, Jr. "tiggr"

... ps I am new at this site but not to simming or to the other site that spends enormous time on this simulation ... I am putting my money where my mouth is and trusting him to deliver .. and I don't trust erasily

tiggr ...

Intel i7 965 Extreme Edition 3.2 with V-8 cooling, Rampage Extreme II, BFG Nvidia 295's (quad SLI), Dominator DDR-3 ram (6 gig), twin Raptors 10,000 rpm SATA hard drives, Thrustmaster Cougar, Track IR 4, 23 inch Sony high def flat panel monitor.

(I am leaving this message for context only .. do not read it without reading the follow up I posted below after talking directly to URZE ... I have edited this to make sure you know it is not the final word ... PLEASE READ the FOLLOW Up message later in this thread)

I may have to change my message above. Seems after talking to him by emails and letting him know I was willing to be patient, he has canceled my order. I am now concerned. I may have been misled when I wrote the above response and deleted two emails where I was asking him about the order of the cyclic for my Thrustmaster. Mine was a PayPal order paid for with and American Express card. Money had already been paid, he and I had already worked out the difficulties and now I am canceled?

Not sure what to make of this ... but the hair on the back of my neck is not happy.

For all I guess evaluate your level of trust .. I do not know him as well as some of you so I can only judge his actions as a new business ... brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

tiggr

Edited by tiggr

tiggr ...

Intel i7 965 Extreme Edition 3.2 with V-8 cooling, Rampage Extreme II, BFG Nvidia 295's (quad SLI), Dominator DDR-3 ram (6 gig), twin Raptors 10,000 rpm SATA hard drives, Thrustmaster Cougar, Track IR 4, 23 inch Sony high def flat panel monitor.

Tiggr!

What do you expect ???

Read this : (You must been not seeing this/reading at the note you got from Paypal).

You have contacted Am.-Ex. and Paypal - I was simply forced to send you you money back!!

(That's kinda ridiculous!!-I'm apologizing myself that I send you your money back - because you requested it at Paypal!)

What do you think will happen the next days... huh ? - Don't know...

I can tell you - Money on the Paypal account will be frozen and other trouble with my RL bank account is at the horizon...all caused by your notifications.

I may have to change my message above. Seems after talking to him by emails and letting him know I was willing to be patient, he has canceled my order. I am now concerned. I may have been misled when I wrote the above response and deleted two emails where I was asking him about the order of the cyclic for my Thrustmaster. Mine was a PayPal order paid for with and American Express card. Money had already been paid, he and I had already worked out the difficulties and now I am canceled?

-But you didn't stopped the things you have Started at Paypal and American Express!!!

A quote from a E-Mail of Tiggr:

My sense of it is that until the device is shipped and arrives I may leave those processes where they are, meaning I will not tell them it is solved because until you ship and it arrives, the issue is not closed.

Please call me right now! -you got all my contact details!

And to be honest : Two more of you and I will really stop the things I'm

doing!

And if you prefer to talk further with me right here instead of calling me - OK - let's do this- I would be more than pleased to get no more e-mails from You in my incoming folder with a subjects like:"A premonition of things to come .. for you"

Edit:

But keep in mind that things are starting to get much more expensive than only 120€ right now!-your behaviour/actions standing in a total disproportion to what I have done to you!!

- and please correct me if I'm wrong!

And please understand also that I'm posting this here instead of writing you a pm - I see right now no other way to react on your last post.

Edited by urze

To all:

After rethinking all things over again - I made a decision:

- Every order that is accepted and paid up to now (5th February 2009) will be Shipped!

(Don't worry -you will get what you have paid for!)

- I will stop taking any further orders - and every quotation I gave out up to now will be also cancelled.

This will not change until I found a way to produce my stuff without interfering my private life/other things I'm doing as it does right now.

I will place a announcement on my site http://www.leftside-limited.com/ within the next hours.

Edited by urze

I am going to believe in URZE

...I really am. I have just talked to him directly on the phone kind of in person. I believe and I will not change my mind this time after talking to him directly that this is a misunderstanding by all of us and maybe me most of all.

This is a hand crafted item not a production line. I don't think we understood that when we all wanted one. I do believe he will do exactly what he has said if we let him. He will fill the current orders and reopen his company when he is ready for the demand.

I am going to stay with him as a customer ... and see it thru.

Talking to him was very informative about how much of a mess this is causing ... not my intent. Like all of you I just thought and think this is a very cool and innovative product. It is.

I am calling my problem with him resolved and contacting both PayPal and American Express to make sure they know I am satisfied that he and I have resolved it.

How it will all turn out depends on whether he and I (and all of you) can trust long enough to get the problem resolved. I had never purchased something from a foreign company directly so I am learning too.

I AM GOING TO LET MY BET ON HIM AND HIS COMPANY RIDE! I will trust him to do what he has said.

You each should make our own decision but that is mine ... and final. So you may not see me about except with questions about Black shark for a bit .. too busy getting my new rig up and running so I can play it better.

I believe we are dealing with an artist trying to become a businessman ... sometimes a difficult transition .. but one I am willing to support with my faith.

After my direct conversation I wish him nothing but good luck and good will ... I believe he will succeed and we will all be better for having worked with him. I think we are overwhelming him with individual emails and concerns ...

Sincerely,

Thomas R Harper, Jr.

tiggr

tiggr ...

This situation is not funny. I am out over $200.00! I can not get in touch with Urze. Seems no one can. Now I have to take action. Something I do not want to do, and, hoped it would never come to this. I am aware that he did run into some problems, but, now it has become a problem for me.

Edited by soup55
I am human

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SOUP55:matrix:

I have e-mailed Urze. I have left messages on his website, and, on this site. Urze will not reply. I contacted PayPal only to learn that because 45 days have passed I can not file a complaint. Not Happy. And yet he still advertises in these forums. :doh::doh::doh::cry::( Thank you very much Andreas Urzedowski. You got me. Got me good. Not happy. And to think I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and, wished you the best of luck in your business.

Wait mate. IMHO he didn't want to "got you". Probably it's something else that could happen. We haven't heard a word from him much longer than your ship date. Many ppl here know him from a very good side. Maybe i'll try to contact someone who may have his telephone number.

Thanks Poko24. As you can tell I am very frustrated. I don't know what to make of this situation. I know Urze has a good side, and, many friends. I have been extremely polite in all my 'conversations' with him. I would love to see his business succeed. But the most important thing I have learned about any business venture is; " The customer is always right ". And not communicating with them will only make matters worse. So Urze, I hope you are reading this, and, if so, will you please contact me. Thank you.

Edited by soup55