Abandoned? (Update: No, a Fun Plane + Good Module)

Gasman6

Doesn't seem like there have been any updates or announcements for a while. Looks like this fun little airplane was abandoned. The flight model may have deteriorated from earlier performance values, somehow. Perhaps engine changes on the World end that haven't been tweaked for the CEII?

Very unfortunate. I enjoyed this little guy.

Edited by Gasman6
  • Like 2

Cordially yours,

Gasman

9 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

Yes, the timing of this thread was amusing 😁

I believe some people do it on purpose, they might think insulting devs all the time is the way to go and get updates or something like that… 🙄

DCS: Christen Eagle II by Magnitude 3 LLC

• FM changes:
    • MOI redefined.
    • Agility-stability refined.
    • Engine logic and code refined.
    • NOTE: We discovered a bug that affects the aircraft mass calculation in case when only one pilot is in the cockpit. We are working with ED on fixing the bug.
  • Changed engine main sound sample.
  • Recalibrated engine instruments.
  • Adjusted suspension.
  • Adjusted braking moment of main wheels.
  • Corrected fuel mixture and propeller keyboard controls.
  • Corrected lack of clickable sounds for magnets and smoke switches.
  • Corrected canopy pointers displacement.
    • NOTE: We’re working on improving multiplayer synchronisation of canopy operations in case when two players occupy the cockpit.
  • Fixed instructor pilot’s floating joystick grip.
  • Adjusted Cockpit 3D file and Livery folder names.
    • NOTE: Users with custom liveries will need to move them to the new location …\Mods\aircraft\Christen Eagle II\Liveries\Cockpit_CE2
  • 3D NS430 implemented.

Nice for an abandoned module… 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 3

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Well my foot is in my mouth! I take everything back.

21 minutes ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

I believe some people do it on purpose, they might think insulting devs all the time is the way to go and get updates or something like that… 🙄

Nice for an abandoned module… 🤣🤣🤣

It's never my intent to insult anyone who puts time and effort into a project. I do not understand why you would think my post was even the slightest bit abusive in tone, I thought it sounded lamenting and mournful. However, I have seen people give the sort of feedback you describe and while I don't understand the motives entirely, I do think part of their frustration might come from paying for a product that is nonrefundable, only to find it is no longer serviceable. I am happy that that wasn't the case here and I look forward to the changes put forth in the update as soon as I've had a chance to install and play around with it.

Edited by Gasman6
  • Like 4

Cordially yours,

Gasman

Yes indeed, timing was perfect 🙂 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

17 minutes ago, Gasman6 said:

Well my foot is in my mouth! I take everything back.

It's never my intent to insult anyone who puts time and effort into a project. I do not understand why you would think my post was even the slightest bit abusive in tone, I thought it sounded lamenting and mournful. However, I have seen people give the sort of feedback you describe and while I don't understand the motives entirely, I do think part of their frustration might come from paying for a product that is nonrefundable, only to find it is no longer serviceable. I am happy that that wasn't the case here and I look forward to the changes put forth in the update as soon as I've had a chance to install and play around with it.

Yeah, no worries, didn't check your message count, I guess you should be relatively new around here :thumbup: .

Didn't mean you "insulted", like directly insulting, but since devs (any of them, ED itself and third parties) are always bogged down to their eyebrows with new and old stuff improvement/polishing you might understand what I meant, saying "they do nothing" is kind of insulting to my understanding (not you, no). And you just happened to start a thread with close enough words the day a huge patch is coming to DCS, including not few changes to the module you were asking. You had the bad luck to that serendipity, but other way more battered users around here often do what you happened to do, including way worst words… That's why it was funny in the first place to those of us knowing the thing, and even more happening a couple hours before the patch comes live but we already knew the patch was coming by the time you wrote 🤣 .

Sorry for that if you thought any other thing, no bad intended :thumbup: .

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

2 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Yeah, no worries, didn't check your message count, I guess you should be relatively new around here :thumbup: .

Didn't mean you "insulted", like directly insulting, but since devs (any of them, ED itself and third parties) are always bogged down to their eyebrows with new and old stuff improvement/polishing you might understand what I meant, saying "they do nothing" is kind of insulting to my understanding (not you, no). And you just happened to start a thread with close enough words the day a huge patch is coming to DCS, including not few changes to the module you were asking. You had the bad luck to that serendipity, but other way more battered users around here often do what you happened to do, including way worst words… That's why it was funny in the first place to those of us knowing the thing, and even more happening a couple hours before the patch comes live but we already knew the patch was coming by the time you wrote 🤣 .

Sorry for that if you thought any other thing, no bad intended :thumbup: .

Hey no hard feelings. I'm glad we understand each other.

My situational awareness around here is admittedly low. Even though I knew a patch was coming, I did not expect it to include updates for the CEII. I saw no mention of it in any of the prior releases I read, and this subforum has been extremely inactive. There are also bug reports over a year old mentioning issues I saw just the other day, which to me was a bad sign that there had been no progress made on this module in a very long time. I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Edited by Gasman6
  • Like 3

Cordially yours,

Gasman

Hello all. Whilst I'm glad to see the CEII has received an update. I believe there is still an issue with the LOD model (lack of) meaning massive fps drops for folk in eyeline of the aircraft on MP. The sounds have been updated, however they really aren't anything like the actual aircraft. 

I look forward to future updates, hopefully more frequently than the gap between the last updates. 

• Like 1

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• Gasman6 changed the title to Abandoned? (Update: No, a Fun Plane + Good Module)

I'm glad to see the update. This thing is one of my favorite models. It's good to just fly sometimes. I fly this thing probably as much as the Tomcat. It's nice to see it back. I really hope you will continue to develop it. Sure it's a nich bird. But it's a fun nich. 

Edited by FlankerKiller
  • Like 2