FFB implementation ?

Phantom_Mark

In the latest patch notes.....

FFB (Force Feedback joysticks support):

• Fixed FFB being way too feeble with low stick deflection.
  • Added FFB shake option.
  • Added FFB adjustment options to the Special Options menu.

Look forward to trying it tonight, appreciate that, thank you.

On 3/11/2023 at 8:46 AM, fausete said:

Thanks! You helped a lot with the feedback. Hope you like the customisation options!

I got to fly properly last night, once again extending thanks, you went over and above, it now feels like a properly implemented feature.

Would it be useful if there was an updated and up to date repository on the dev side that all third parties could take the basics from, even ED have been a little lazy implementing the full suite of options for some aircraft, so it isn't just a 3rd party problem ? that way all teams could easily add the basics to their projects ?  win win for all.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Devs, I have just had my first flight since the update and I must say, very much like the feel of the FFB implementation. I like the waythe stick goes light at low speeds! I do have one query / Issue though......the buffet felt through the stick kicks in very sharply at approx 20 AoA and shuts off again very quickly as soon as you go below.....

Now I am of course unsure how teh real jet behaves, but in the F14, another module with great FFB implementation, the onset and reduction of buffet effects is much more gradual and nuanced...wherea sin the F1 it feels rather all or nothing.....? Its on and off like a light switch. Can this be adjusted ? Can it be tweaked by the devs? 

My options settings are min approx 40% & max 100% for pitch and roll and effects intensity set at 80%.

I am using the same profile I use for the F14 with my Brunner stick, using CLS2. 

Many thanks! 

Edited by markturner1960
  • Like 1

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 3 weeks later...
2023/4/1 AM12点20分,markturner1960说:

Hi Devs, I have just had my first flight since the update and I must say, very much like the feel of the FFB implementation. I like the waythe stick goes light at low speeds! I do have one query / Issue though......the buffet felt through the stick kicks in very sharply at approx 20 AoA and shuts off again very quickly as soon as you go below.....

Now I am of course unsure how teh real jet behaves, but in the F14, another module with great FFB implementation, the onset and reduction of buffet effects is much more gradual and nuanced...wherea sin the F1 it feels rather all or nothing.....? Its on and off like a light switch. Can this be adjusted ? Can it be tweaked by the devs? 

My options settings are min approx 40% & max 100% for pitch and roll and effects intensity set at 80%.

I am using the same profile I use for the F14 with my Brunner stick, using CLS2. 

Many thanks! 

Hi markturner, would you mind share your experience on two problems? I'm quite wondering whether any other is experiencing those phenomena.

Do you feel the feedback force is somehow delayed or has some lag from the stick input?

And could you confirm if an autopilot-controlled ILS approach can be performed with the FFB stick?

I found these problems on my G940 and I don't know if that's cause by the FFB design of the module or by my old bad stick.

Edited by Torbernite

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

Hi, I would not mind of course...however, 2 caveats! First, the F1 is not my main module, so I am not intimately familiar with the jets feel and have not had very much time since the big update, to fly it and form some impressions.......

Secondly, I dont use the Brunner or DCS direct X feedback, I use my own profiles in CLS2 software, the Brunner profile software. So what I feel through the stick is not directly related to what the devs have coded.

Finally, of course there are lots of variables around the in sim FFB settings, which may cause differing effects for different users. 

Combine all that and not sure how useful any of my comments may be! 

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

2023/4/18 PM5点05分,markturner1960说:

Hi, I would not mind of course...however, 2 caveats! First, the F1 is not my main module, so I am not intimately familiar with the jets feel and have not had very much time since the big update, to fly it and form some impressions.......

Secondly, I dont use the Brunner or DCS direct X feedback, I use my own profiles in CLS2 software, the Brunner profile software. So what I feel through the stick is not directly related to what the devs have coded.

Finally, of course there are lots of variables around the in sim FFB settings, which may cause differing effects for different users. 

Combine all that and not sure how useful any of my comments may be! 

Thank you!  It would be very helpful! Considering I found this problem only on F1, it would be questionable whether the problem was caused by DCS or F1 module or the stick. One friend of mine is developing his own FFB stick so we are very curious about this question.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.