MT CPU Bottlenecking

On 4/15/2023 at 11:03 PM, Special K said:

Overlay can be activated in the GForce Experience Overlay. You usually get that with pressing ALT+Z (might be Y depending on the language of your keyboard).

And there are some things that can limit FPS. Disable any VSYNC in DCS and the Nvidia control panel, make sure you didn't limit the FPS in the control panel.

If unsure, send your settings. I'm more responsive in discord, if you get to the help channel btw

its strange the only settings I have changed when it seemed to be running uncapped (with stutters) is the thread optimization (this caused the stutters to vanish) and max frame rate (to 1000) strangely when I did this there was some kind of projected frames that was hitting 1000 but the top box was rock solid at 32! (have now disabled max frame rate) - weird thing is that it does not feel like 32 fps(but very smooth).

1)is there any way to confirm the MT is actually working?

2)will try the nvidia fps counter see if it also says 32? (should fraps also work?)

3)are there any in game settings that might cause the fps lock at 32? (I never use vsync)

also just tried to join the DCS discord channel and can not seem to post or view anything on any of the channels (all greyed out) - can I have instructions on 

how to use the "help room" please?

Edited by mac22

vor 9 Stunden schrieb mac22:

its strange the only settings I have changed when it seemed to be running uncapped (with stutters) is the thread optimization (this caused the stutters to vanish) and max frame rate (to 1000) strangely when I did this there was some kind of projected frames that was hitting 1000 but the top box was rock solid at 32! (have now disabled max frame rate) - weird thing is that it does not feel like 32 fps(but very smooth).

1)is there any way to confirm the MT is actually working?

2)will try the nvidia fps counter see if it also says 32? (should fraps also work?)

3)are there any in game settings that might cause the fps lock at 32? (I never use vsync)

also just tried to join the DCS discord channel and can not seem to post or view anything on any of the channels (all greyed out) - can I have instructions on 

how to use the "help room" please?

Is there maybe any rules you need to accept? Check again, you should be able to chat over there. Would be easier honestly. 

Besides that, some export scripts might take so much CPU that they lock the FPS or make it look like that. Check that you can get into discord and ping me in the help channel. Then we'll analyse your log and system. 

On 4/17/2023 at 8:18 PM, Special K said:

Is there maybe any rules you need to accept? Check again, you should be able to chat over there. Would be easier honestly. 

Besides that, some export scripts might take so much CPU that they lock the FPS or make it look like that. Check that you can get into discord and ping me in the help channel. Then we'll analyse your log and system. 

thanks managed to get the discord working now - what channel are you on?

also in terms of the locked fps strangely its now unlocked itself but the stutter has returned (although less than before) - as I mentioned the only thing I (knowingly) changed was the threaded optimization (which initially seemed to cure the stutter)

vor 3 Stunden schrieb mac22:

thanks managed to get the discord working now - what channel are you on?

also in terms of the locked fps strangely its now unlocked itself but the stutter has returned (although less than before) - as I mentioned the only thing I (knowingly) changed was the threaded optimization (which initially seemed to cure the stutter)

Help channel. Just ping me in there and we work from there.