[FIXED] JF-17 targeting pod bug in DCS 2.8.3.37556 Open Beta, MT and non-MT

eifionglyn

If you're still getting Black screen flickering in CCD mode with the WMD7. Try this, it worked for me. Ground Map radar mode still shows no returns, I don't know if these two bugs are linked. @uboats The file is causing a "tainted Client" message...

Edited by =Thumper=

In the Jeff, at the moment, on multithreading (Tested on single threading, multiplayer and single player. Problem persists in all), when trying to use the targeting pod, it jitters around and cannot keep a proper lock on anything on the ground. This also has the effect of making the autofocus not able to function since it's always moving. 

See this video of me trying to use the targeting pod just on the ground, but also on a BTR. As you can see it's impossible to get it to focus. The times when it does focus is me holding the FOV Increase button:
https://youtu.be/sL8KI8DFsHo

My friend had got this bug before I did, I assumed he had something wrong with his controls. But about a week later I got the bug. Seems that it's not bugged for literally everyone. But my friend has exactly the same issue as highlighted in the video. 

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, MrBlob said:

See this video of me trying to use the targeting pod just on the ground, but also on a BTR. As you can see it's impossible to get it to focus. The times when it does focus is me holding the FOV Increase button:
https://youtu.be/sL8KI8DFsHo

And what happens if you press the RE FOCUS that's constantly blinking

Edited by razo+r

30 minutes ago, razo+r said:

And what happens if you press the RE FOCUS that's constantly blinking

I think I demonstrate that in the video, but either way, it does nothing. The fact it's blinking is showing it's trying to focus, so by pressing it it's doing nothing. If it's solid it means it's "focused".

11 minutes ago, redbedblock said:

Was it after a certain update or did it just randomly appear?

also there is a post for the bug

I mean it happened to me at a different time to one of my friends, so that's not easy to pin point.

not quite sure at this moment, programmer in vacation now.

6 hours ago, redbedblock said:

any update on the issue?
@uboats

It almost feels like there is a lag for area track

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

On 3/14/2023 at 3:32 AM, uboats said:

for ST entire screen black, it happened before (maybe reappear this time). please record trk and video and report to ED. BTW, does it just happen around Batumi?

for MT, it's better to show trk and video. But we haven't changed wmd7 code for a long time. Need to investigate.

https://youtu.be/-qOZS34B3dU
a video I made yesterday when playing with friends you can see at 7:40 the jitter on the wmcd7 preventing us from targeting and using laser rockets.

17小时前,legitscoper说:

Same issue, the shake makes weapons hit correctly, but it makes harder to identify everything. Also, sometimes it shakes less or more.

I find it shake more when I am turning or moving relative to the target
the shake goes away when I'm in active pause and everything stays stationary

On 4/11/2023 at 12:55 AM, Radiant said:

Hello! Any news? Or at least some fix time? 

I remain hopeful that there will be a fix in the update today (I haven't checked, I am just assuming the update is still scheduled to release today)

patch delayed until tomorrow, but I remain hopeful

Edited by phantomknight321

Rig Specs: i7 8700k @ 5ghz, ROG Strix z390e, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, EVGA FTW3 1080 ti, Corsair rm750, Cooler Master ml240l RGB, Cooler Master h500p mesh

Hi @uboats. I hope this bug gets fixed because it's sad it continues like this. good day to those who are on vacation. JF-17 is a beautiful plane, but the occurrence of strange bugs after every update makes this plane invaluable, please show some love to the plane. 👍

Edited by Aqil Huseynov

Just tried with the latest patch - v 2.8.4.38947

Display going black on turning on the pod is fixed as far as I can tell.

Still shakes when ground stabilized / area track, but steady if WP slaved or point tracked.

Noticed in patch notes it's now listed as a known issue so I'm sure will be fixed in due course.

Thanks Deka - still loving the JF-17 👍

just to confirm: shaking obviously only in wide and zoom in

1. slave to spi - Yes

2. ground stab - Yes

3. lock unit - No

is it summarized correctly?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] JF-17 targeting pod bug in DCS 2.8.3.37556 Open Beta, MT and non-MT
4小时前,uboats说:

just to confirm: shaking obviously only in wide and zoom in

1. slave to spi - Yes

2. ground stab - Yes

3. lock unit - No

is it summarized correctly?

pretty much, and the shake is more noticeable when the plane is maneuvering

edit: sorry, did not read the post carefully enough, It shakes with any fov and zoom level, it's just more noticeable at higher levels 

Edited by redbedblock

8分钟前,3000 Black Jets of Allah说:

It shakes at every zoom level, its just when you're zoomed in more it's more noticable.

And it does shake when you lock a unit.

If I am point tracking a target, nothing is shaking for me

although if you mean GMTI radar lock, it's basically slaving to a moving SPI and the pod does shake

1 hour ago, redbedblock said:

If I am point tracking a target, nothing is shaking for me

although if you mean GMTI radar lock, it's basically slaving to a moving SPI and the pod does shake

My apologies, I just tested it and you're right, what I was thinking about was that the rectangle that goes around a locked ground unit shakes like crazy.