Different illumination levels in right and left eye

Ruda_Malpa

I observed an issue with different lighting in left and right eye. Depending on position of my head, stronger lighting is sometimes (not all the time) applied to one eye. Depending on an angle, it could be left or right eye with stronger illumination. As a result, some objects seems to be 'blinking' when I fly at night.

It seems that it is occurring in MT version of executable. I could not reproduce this issue with ST.

image.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Exactly the same thing happens to me here, I just saw this post. It is easily reproduced in the preset mission of the F16 "Nightly Silence", as soon as you start if you look only with the right eye, closing the left, the barracks that is on the left, and at the same time you move your head, no changes of lights are observed. The opposite happens if you turn your head and look, this time with your left eye, at the same barracks.

I see the same with an Oculus Q2, MT and OpenXR. 

I used to see something like this when I enabled frustum culling before with the 

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true

in your autoexec.cfg (within ...\Saved Games\DCS\Config\).

Looks as if ED had enabled it by default. 

Edited by SPAS79

On 4/12/2023 at 9:07 AM, SPAS79 said:

I see the same with an Oculus Q2, MT and OpenXR. 

I used to see something like this when I enabled frustum culling before with the 

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true

in your autoexec.cfg (within ...\Saved Games\DCS\Config\).

Looks as if ED had enabled it by default. 

Looks like it's disabled in Config\graphics.lua

--in stereo and hmd mode you can try to use single parser for both eyes , by default is false , comment to enable it or set to true
stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = false

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, 32GB RAM, RTX 4090, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gladiator NXT Premium, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10, Joystick Gremlin, OpenKneeboard, VoiceAttack

+1 for this, pretty jarring

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I will ask the team if there are any differences between eyes. 

Please note we would not recommend using 

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser it was never completely finished and is obsolete. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

Still seeing this in the latest open beta - at night on the Syria map, buildings in the cities had different levels of lighting in different eyes (I. E. Shut left eye, building is lit from the right and a particular level of brightness, shut right eye and it's a different lighting direction and brightness on the same building). With both eyes open it's a weird glimmer on all the buildings due to the mismatch. I've never used the shared parser setting. 

28 minutes ago, backspace340 said:

Still seeing this in the latest open beta - at night on the Syria map, buildings in the cities had different levels of lighting in different eyes (I. E. Shut left eye, building is lit from the right and a particular level of brightness, shut right eye and it's a different lighting direction and brightness on the same building). With both eyes open it's a weird glimmer on all the buildings due to the mismatch. I've never used the shared parser setting. 

+1. 

This is still not fixed in the lastest open beta.

• 2 weeks later...