Cullen airfield - Introduced March 2023

Mr_sukebe

The OB patch on Friday 10th March introduced the not in service Cullen airfield to the south Atlantic map.

Have to say that I was a bit confused about being unable to find it.  Eventually clicked that it as it's not in use, that it's not even listed on the DCS F10 map as an airfield.

For those as confused as me about finding it, it's near the coast in Argentina, see here:

Update:

Minsk has kindly pointed out where the real one is going to be.  

Having said that, according to the DCS SAT data, does look like there's a disused airfield at a location with the same name at the point that I'd identified.

image_2023-03-12_155634373.png

Edited by Mr_sukebe
  • Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Thanks for clarifying.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2023 at 10:04 PM, Mr_sukebe said:

Thanks for clarifying.

It turns out we've been looking in a wrong place:

cullen2.jpg

The "Cullen" they have modelled is actually another airfield located near Estancia Sara (the yellow arrow), whereas the real Cullen should be where the green arrow is pointing:

cullen1.jpg

This (and the wrong marker position) has been reported in Discord.

• Like 2

Dima | My DCS uploads

• 3 weeks later...

i came looking for info on this airport but i found it on the map first and and didn't know what it was as its shown in the ocean

null

image.png

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, GeoS72 said:

I am surprised to see this bug has not been corrected. Any word from Razbam on it?

All I know is that this issue is acknowledged. They're currently working on a massive overhaul of the ground textures (or something like that) so I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

• 1 month later...

Minsky,

Yes, you are correct. I thought it was removed but I see the floater still present. It normally hangs around the Compass.

So does this make any sense: Razbam put a hidden airfield on the map but chose not to fix the one airfield that has been broken for several months?

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 6:51 PM, Minsky said:

What you see is just a satellite imagery. The airfield itself didn't make it into the last patch for some reason. Its orphaned marker is floating near Falklands 🙂 

Screenshot - 230312 21_49_52.png

this has already been fixed and should be in your current version

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

• 2 months later...

my bad, should have given it more attention to be honest but as you can imagine i have another 1000 tasks on the list anyways I have fixed it and relocated the Cullen airfield to the right geo location and added some stuff around the airfield, along with AI parking at the new location for 4 aircraft. This will be in the next update

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist