Custom ADF not working

davidfercas
Go to solution Solved by davidfercas,

Hi,

I opened an old mission with a custom ADF unit transmitting a morse code and c101cc is not getting the signal.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Syria map (Caucasus also tested)

2. C101cc in parking hot

3. Infantry with set frequency 252 and transmit a message.

C101cc is not getting the signal.

Observations:

1.Trying with 264.00 (by default in the map) it works so the ADF system works 

2. Testing my adf beacon with an F5 works, so the beacon looks good. 

I think, you need to add a track or your mission file.

Just to confirm. The ADF receiver in the CC is working in the range of "190 to 1749.5 kHz".

If the 252 you stated worked in the F-5, than it is an UHF beacon and it is set to 252 MHz, so 252.000,00 kHz. As far as I know, the F-5 is not able to receive kHz range beacons.

If it's an old mission, please check the transmission settings in advanced waypoint options. I believe, ED changed this, so it needed to be in Hz and now you can type MHz. So to be an kHz beacon, check the value and unit used.

@davidfercas: Please check the following trk. 252 kHz beacon works in the C-101CC. Sound can be heard in antenna mode, after switching to ADF / compass mode, also the needle on the HSI swung in the correct ground unit's direction. Unit with 252 MHz can be tuned on the UHF radio, but there is no direction finding capability for this.

20230313_C-101CC_ADF.trk

I think, you can open the track as mission file to check the unit's settings.

• Solution
11 hours ago, gulredrel said:

@davidfercas: Please check the following trk. 252 kHz beacon works in the C-101CC. Sound can be heard in antenna mode, after switching to ADF / compass mode, also the needle on the HSI swung in the correct ground unit's direction. Unit with 252 MHz can be tuned on the UHF radio, but there is no direction finding capability for this.

20230313_C-101CC_ADF.trk 429.04 kB · 1 download

I think, you can open the track as mission file to check the unit's settings.

Hi @gulredrel it works with 0.252, you are right. That makes me think something changed in the mission editor or in the C101 because one old mission stopped working.

Anyway, now works so thanks a lot!