when carrier getting fixed so aircraft that start on launch don't get dumped splash?

Ramstein

(spawn) start on catapult position, when launching the aircraft goes into the drink! Splash !

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

On 3/15/2023 at 10:23 AM, Ramstein said:

when carrier getting fixed so aircraft that start on launch don't get dumped splash?

thanx

If you are reporting a bug, the least you could do is include enough detail to reproduce it .. as it is we don't know which aircraft you are using, which weight, what is the wind and speed of the carrier, etc ... at the very minimum you should include a track file of your launch. On my DCS I can launch from SC just fine.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, rob10 said:

In MP with the F-18 if you respawn ONTO the CAT it will usually throw you directly into the ocean rather than releasing you.  Haven't tried it recently though (learned my lesson 😉).

exactly I think it was reported and on the to do list ages ago, reason why I ask it's because I thought at one time it was fixed, then back again, and need more people to step up... it is not a new issue. I just wondered why so long and when...

• Like 1

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

9 minutes ago, Ramstein said:

exactly I think it was reported and on the to do list ages ago, reason why I ask it's because I thought at one time it was fixed, then back again, and need more people to step up... it is not a new issue. I just wondered why so long and when...

I see, wonder why I didn’t think of that when reading your OP 🙄

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 hours ago, Ramstein said:

I think it was reported

link? track? log?

I read this sub pretty regularly and I don't recall such bug. It'd be rather big problem with a lot of users ranting and it'd be fixed with priority, esp. regarding launching Hornet from SC, both ED's flagships. So, I advice you to take a look here and provide proper feedback, because asking when the bug will be fixed, while it was not even reported, is futile:

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

always makes me laugh when this happens. Every time I spawn on the cat, I forget to unfold my wings. after about 3 minutes of it flying like a dog I seem to remember to check the external view, and sure enough the wings are folded 🙂 :Operator error.

12 hours ago, rob10 said:

In MP with the F-18 if you respawn ONTO the CAT it will usually throw you directly into the ocean rather than releasing you.  Haven't tried it recently though (learned my lesson 😉).

Yep, MP respawning/hotspawning in Hornet on Supercarrier puts you on the cat with visible fixed wheel chocks and no means to release them (ground crew does not remove them)
That's why I always quickly switch back to spectator and pick my slot again (in case I got shot down)

To visualize the problem (I tried to warn that pilot) 😄

I can understand that perhaps the OP could have been a bit more descriptive, but I also completely understand his frustration.  It's an extremely old bug, and it appears that no progress has been made toward fixing it.  For now, the work around is to change slots before respawning.  The last bug report ended up being locked a year ago after merging threads.

• Like 3