Please give us a auto pilot cheat so I better learn the co-pilot radio. PLEASE !

4eyes

There is a start-up and shut down assitant, or cheat. How about a auto-pilot cheat so that we can learn and enjoy that wonderful radio?  Without a auto pilot, the back radio is just taking up space.  Make the cheat optional like the start up and shut down cheats. (which I never use).  but, I would like to learn and use that radio.  Please, give us a optional auto pilot cheat.

• Like 5

It is not really a cheat since there really was a pilot in the mosquitoes.

We only need an AI pilot with minimal functionality such as the ability to be activated when the plane is trimmed just about steady-level, and be able to maintain heading and altitude.

• Like 8

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Agreed.... when popping in to the Navigators seat the Mossie continues flying without Pilot control...  ideally the pilot needs to be in control so the Navigator can adjust radios.  Just flying straight and level would be something that would make the Mossie a really great module, without this its all but impossible to adjust the radios. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Active Pause maybe?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 5/1/2023 at 11:32 PM, Sr. said:

Active Pause maybe?

That does not cut it. It does not work in MP, it kills immersion, and it messes up my dead-reckoning navigation.

On 5/2/2023 at 7:53 PM, 71st_AH Rob said:

Maybe not an autopilot as in altitude hold, but maybe something a bit more sophisticated like Iceman for the F-14 and while they are at it how about an AI Nav? Like Jester but with an accent from GB!

Long time ago, a navigator AI was mentioned by ED. It has been so long since anything was added to the Mosquito (or the rest of WWII modules) that I don’t think it will ever happen.

I have no idea what the ED WWII team are doing. I really hope that if not finishing up the Mosquito that they are working hard on that F6F Hellcat that they announced.

• Like 3

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 2:03 AM, Bozon said:

That does not cut it. It does not work in MP, it kills immersion, and it messes up my dead-reckoning navigation.

Long time ago, a navigator AI was mentioned by ED. It has been so long since anything was added to the Mosquito (or the rest of WWII modules) that I don’t think it will ever happen.

I have no idea what the ED WWII team are doing. I really hope that if not finishing up the Mosquito that they are working hard on that F6F Hellcat that they announced.

They need the finish the Mosquito with a functioning , visible co-pilot like they said they would.

• Like 3

On 3/18/2023 at 6:17 PM, Bozon said:

It is not really a cheat since there really was a pilot in the mosquitoes.

We only need an AI pilot with minimal functionality such as the ability to be activated when the plane is trimmed just about steady-level, and be able to maintain heading and altitude.

Just reiterating, I flew on Project Overlord server, no plane icons on F10 full self navigation, love it. Fog and rain conditions - perfect for an NOE run deep into enemy territory under the noses of enemy fighters.

I pre-planned a route, calculated stopwatch times and radio DF directions (had to part memorize part write it down because we can’t bloody mark a route or waypoints on F10), then executed 18 minutes of DR flight across the channel, two more legs on compass & DF between land marks - missed the last one so I had to bury my head in F10 map to find a landmark to fix myself. The plane lost 50 feet of altitude and I banged my #1 prop on a tree. Wasted 35 precious minutes (incl. ground time) of my very limited online time. Not enough time for another attempt.

All the functionality I need from an AI pilot is to receive a plane almost perfectly trimmed, and maintain heading & altitude, while I do navigators s#!t.

All I need for my navigator is to be able to mark stuff on F10 for my self navigation needs only - not shared with other players, and not affecting the knee board.

• Like 3

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

6 hours ago, Bozon said:

All I need for my navigator is to be able to mark stuff on F10 for my self navigation needs only - not shared with other players, and not affecting the knee board.

You can already make marks on the F10 map. It's one of the circular icons on the toolbar at the top, leaves an orange circle with a text legend where you can write whatever you want to.

Edit to add - and those marks are shared with other players from your coalition only.

Edited by Skewgear
  • Like 1

DCS WWII player. I run the mission design team behind 4YA WWII, the most popular DCS World War 2 server.

https://www.ProjectOverlord.co.uk - for 4YA WW2 mission stats, mission information, historical research blogs and more.

8 hours ago, Skewgear said:

You can already make marks on the F10 map. It's one of the circular icons on the toolbar at the top, leaves an orange circle with a text legend where you can write whatever you want to.

Edit to add - and those marks are shared with other players from your coalition only.

That is exactly the problem - they are shared with other players. I don't want to see other players random route marks. The purpose of these circles is to mark targets that you spotted.

I need map markings to indicate my planned waypoints and landmarks that I want to spot on the way for navigation (bridge, crossroads, particular bend in the river, etc.). I want to write things on them such as the expected RDF angle to the radio beacon. This is just clutter for other players.

• Like 2

- Geoffrey de Havilland.