JestHer | Female RIO | Complete Jester Voice Replacement Mod

_BringTheReign_

Seems like a great Mod, haven’t tried it yet, hope she actually sounds like a female flight crew and not a sexy gal 😄

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

... hope she actually sounds like a female flight crew and not a sexy gal 😄

Are you implying they can't be both?

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

59 minutes ago, draconus said:

Are you implying they can't be both?

I meant a pilot-like voice, for example the one of DutchPilotGirl, rather than a high-pitched flirty voice 😃

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 3/17/2023 at 2:14 PM, _BringTheReign_ said:

Voice lines are about 95% similar to the existing Jester lines - here's a video showcase as well:

Amazing! Thank you for granting my wish... well mostly! 😛

But now, the real question... how did you make that shot at 7:30 in your video? I guess JestHer isn't as easily impressed as I am!

Ooooh I need to try this! 🥳

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

So does she say, "Give my love to Meg Ryan" and "stop teasing it and stick it in?"

v6,

boNes

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

On 3/19/2023 at 7:24 AM, Kageseigi said:

But now, the real question... how did you make that shot at 7:30 in your video?

I did a triple take at the damage notification when it happened, it was certainly a "spray an pray" situation hahaha

1 hour ago, bonesvf103 said:

So does she say, "Give my love to Meg Ryan" and "stop teasing it and stick it in?"

I tried to keep the lines as similar as possible, but for these ones I took a little bit of creative liberty hahaha. Otherwise the lines are about 95% similar

• Like 4

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

58 minutes ago, _BringTheReign_ said:

I tried to keep the lines as similar as possible, but for these ones I took a little bit of creative liberty hahaha. Otherwise the lines are about 95% similar

You're gonna keep us in suspense, aren't you?

For some reason, I don't think it will go over the same way when she says, "Can we trap?  I really gotta take a <sierra>" haha

v6,

boNes

• Like 3

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

I've been trying it out for the last few days, so far, I like it, she's overall pretty good. 

There's a few calls she makes that I noticed that maybe don't have the appropriate level of "urgency" in her voice, although I can't think of an example at this moment I did notice it in game thinking, "Well, I woulda thought she'd be more concerned about that than she sounds", but at this point, I'm happy to keep her back there, she's also a little less intrusive than Jester at some points (probably for the exact same reason, only in reverse, sometimes Jester needs to calm down too 🙂 ).

Nice job, big job, well done! 🙂

Edited by Despayre
grammar only.
  • Like 3

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

I dunno if the randomness was lost in the mod, but whenever I trap, JestHer only says what the wire caught was.  I am yet to hear her say something witty after a trap like her predecessor, haha.

v6,

boNes

OK, I think I see what you mean by "Artistic license."  She said, "Get angry now--AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!" and "Kill him!  Put the pipper on him and kill him!!  Burn that f*cker!!!"

My kinda girl!

v6,

boNes

• Like 1

Been enjoying this one - I've noticed a few calls (Nails, 6'oclock for one) that were perhaps missed?  Is there an update to fill those out that's being planned?  Though, split-personality Jester is also fun.  Major Jester and Mr. Hyde, perhaps

Edited by Bosun
  • Like 1

Two items, one might just be a DCS thing though...

First one: 

After being asked to arm my ejection seat, it's Jester that comes back with "I'm lowering the canopy.", not JestHer.

Second one:

I'm getting warned on taxiways that I'm "Way too fast!" except I'm doing 23, although there is a big wind, and my TAS is showing as 38... I don't know that TAS should affect Jester/JestHer while taxiing though... but my guess is, this is not a JestHer issue, since it's a trigger that seems off... maybe...

image.png

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Another JestHer gem....as I was purposely landing on the displaced threshold to maximize space for my emergency landing, Jesther says, "The CO is gonna bust our--well YOUR balls for the one!"  See 39:50

Also, I noticed that when you are in the backseat, Iceman's voice is replaced with JestHer's.  It kinda freaked me out.

v6,

boNes

Edited by bonesvf103
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Bosun said:

BringThe Reign, 

Any plans on going back and touching up the missing calls that are still the original jester? 

Yessir! Sorry for the wait on my end here, been away from the 'ol workshop PC, will be back up and running shortly!

• Like 4

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

Also, any way to get her to make those snide comments when you trap that Jester does?  All she says when you trap is what wire you have caught.

Thanks, I've been enjoying having her in the backseat for quite a while now.

v6,

boNes

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2023 at 9:14 AM, bonesvf103 said:

Also, any way to get her to make those snide comments when you trap that Jester does?  All she says when you trap is what wire you have caught.

Thanks, I've been enjoying having her in the backseat for quite a while now.

On 3/28/2023 at 11:46 AM, Despayre said:

First one: 

After being asked to arm my ejection seat, it's Jester that comes back with "I'm lowering the canopy.", not JestHer.

Second one:

I'm getting warned on taxiways that I'm "Way too fast!" except I'm doing 23, although there is a big wind, and my TAS is showing as 38... I don't know that TAS should affect Jester/JestHer while taxiing though... but my guess is, this is not a JestHer issue, since it's a trigger that seems off... maybe...

Hey folks, updated the files today!

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpt6hbbbae2q8l8/JestHer Voice Mod.zip?dl=0
Alternate Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SYfkp8v3Bft6-Go8VeTJWStjTho2U4Rl/view?usp=drive_link

Update 06/01/23

- Fixed Closing canopy file name (thank you to @bonesvf103)

- Fixed incorrect filename "nails six ol cock" (thank you to @Despayre)

- Added new carrier landing voicelines as suggested by @bonesvf103

Thanks everyone for all your feedback and comments, glad folks are enjoying it! 

So as you all may have guessed by now, this is indeed an AI voice - Bella, one of the default voices from Elevenlabs.io. The reason I chose to use a default voice is so that you, the community, can use the free tier in Elevenlabs to create your own expanded JestHer voicelines if you want to! I felt this makes the mod more open source, as anyone can go in and update the mod, or create their own customized experience. 

I will have a video tutorial on the process soon! Elevenlabs.io is free for about 10,000 characters a month, which works out to about 300 voicelines. I paid for the business license for one month to make the original JestHer mod, which was not cheap on its own, but certainly a LOT cheaper than hiring a real voice actor! 

The Radio effect is a macro I made in audacity (also free). I've attached the macro file here if anyone wants to play around with it. 

This raises a question, and I will pose it in an upcoming video as well - would folks be interested in crowdfunding more voices?

I was thinking a good one for the F-4's would be a male, English-accented voice, for our brothers and sisters across the pond who want an RAF Navigator in the back seat! I know they didn't fly F-4Es, but it might be a fun change of pace. 

Let me know what you all think, cheers!

- Reign (TheSimNet)

Radio4.txt

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

image.png