Mitsubishi A6M Zero

pirilampomagico

• 2 months later...

Yes agree, Im still surprised that no Zeke on many sim in the current time especiallly in DCS. 😉 

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 3/18/2023 at 1:52 AM, pirilampomagico said:

I just saw this post and i want reinforce it to DCS should bring this iconic ww2 bird to the service. 

We're getting an AI Zero with the corsair (unknown if it will be released at the same time as the corsair or later) it might later become a flyable version  

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

21 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

We're getting an AI Zero with the corsair (unknown if it will be released at the same time as the corsair or later) it might later become a flyable version  

Really with Marianas WW2 releasing in tnhe near future, It shouldn't be an afterthought...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JD Swann said:

Where did you see this. I can't seem to find it.

It's been on the official list for years. Sometime around New years it was shown in the distance. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gunfreak said:
23 hours ago, JD Swann said:

It's been on the official list for years. Sometime around New years it was shown in the distance. 

I hate to be a pain but, what official list? I don't think I've seen this. Do you have a link.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JD Swann said:

I hate to be a pain but, what official list? I don't think I've seen this. Do you have a link.

Can't find the list now. It's like 4 or 5 years old now.

But if you go to mag3s Facebook page.

And click their top logo photo. You'll see the zero.

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

• Like 1

There never was an "official" list that I know of stating this. Rudel has been working on the A6M5 model for years and showing WIP pics, but as a private hobby project at first, outside of his M3 commitments (he talked about it in last year's podcast).

With that being said, the plane has indeed been popping up in recent teaser Corsair pics more frequently than ever, so it's very possible that they decided to develop and add it as an AI asset after all. These are only clues and not evidence, so the whole thing is a wishful thinking at this point, but who knows. Fingers rossed!

And few years down the line, after MiG-21 revamp and Crusader are done, maybe we'll get a flyable Zeke as well. Let's just wait and see.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LowRider88 said:

I agree.  I wouldn’t buy this map, the Corsair or the Hellcat until there are flyable opponents for those.

What, there's a new Pacific map inbound?  What's that then?

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

4 hours ago, LowRider88 said:

I agree.  I wouldn’t buy this map, the Corsair or the Hellcat until there are flyable opponents for those.

So lucky you Marianas WWII will be a free map like the modern version, either you buy it or not 🤣 .

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

6 hours ago, LowRider88 said:

Huh?

Yeah, exactly that. WWII version of Marianas map will be released for free like the modern one, so it doesn't matter you buy that map you'll have it 😜 .

Hope anyway there are assets when we have Corsair and/or Hellcat, we all want to see those Japanese air assets besides ground ones already coming.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

12 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Yeah, exactly that. WWII version of Marianas map will be released for free like the modern one, so it doesn't matter you buy that map you'll have it 😜 .

Hope anyway there are assets when we have Corsair and/or Hellcat, we all want to see those Japanese air assets besides ground ones already coming.

Uh okay.  My point was flyable assets from both sides, not just a lob sided event.  So not sure where the whole free thing even matters to me.  My concern is I want to learn the attributes of both sides of every conflict.  Hard to do that with inaccurate enemy AI models that are casually thrown in as part of a NATO sim.

• 1 month later...

I agree to the Zero being added to DCS as I think it opens up the flood gates for the F4F Wildcat / Hellcat / Corsair / P-38 .

I'm biased because my father fought in the Jungles of New Guinea after joining the Army before the War officially started. 

He made it out of those Jungles but contracted malaria 2 times. Remember how they used to pull a name out of a hat to see who would go home ? 

Well my dad's name was pulled & it was before his unit was supposed to go to Iwa Jima. 

He was sent home to Chicago & married my mother still recovering from his 2nd bout of malaria. 

They were married 65 years - the old days - until my mother passed in 2010. 

I just wanted to tell the story because I think the Pacific War gets pushed aside too much. 

Afterall it was Japan that got the US into the war after the " Day that will live in infamy " ! 

So many Epic battles involving Air Power & Naval Operations. 

The Zero deserves a place in DCS & is a historically significant plane. 

cfs2_ zero on fire.bmp

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There are very few restored flyable Zeros with that said it may happen DCS developers will get hard time to find one where they can get on the plane and collect all data and photos. Lets cross fingers and hope it will come soon. Still there are few of them flying. So DCS  go go go.

Edited by pirilampomagico
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 5/26/2023 at 5:14 PM, JD Swann said:

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta