Ah, but does it float?

Gunfreak

So 20 years ago Norway needed some new helicopters for their navy. The navy wanted the Sea Hawks. Tried and true. But the airforce overruled and demanded  the NH90. Why? Because the Sea Hawk doesn't float in an emergency landing on water. 20 years later and demand for all the money back for the useless NH90s. We got some Sea Hawks.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

1 hour ago, Gunfreak said:

So 20 years ago Norway needed some new helicopters for their navy. The navy wanted the Sea Hawks. Tried and true. But the airforce overruled and demanded  the NH90. Why? Because the Sea Hawk doesn't float in an emergency landing on water. 20 years later and demand for all the money back for the useless NH90s. We got some Sea Hawks.

I heard Australia came to a similar sort of conclusion; that the NH90 is pretty crappy.

Spoke to a friend of mine yesterday who works on RNLAF NH90's as a mechanic. Hearing his stories, it seems that thing it pretty darn miserable 😅. RNLAF now preys on Australian NH90 parts and tooling. (At least my friend won't have have to worry about lack of work 😋)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH