FREE Campaign : Mi-8MTV2 - Palestrael 25

dggoofy

I'm pleased to announce the upload of my campaign : Mi-8MTV2 Palestrael 25

2023/03/25 - v1.0 - Initial release

What if...

• 2022, a new extreme right Israeli government is elected. It continues the illegal colonization of the Palestinian territories.
  • 2023, Israel massacres thousands of civilians in the Gaza Strip. It is the crime of too much. The country loses the support of the USA.
  • 2024, an Arab coalition overthrows the power in Israel. A war breaks out and sets the region ablaze.
  • 2025, under the pressure of the UN, a new state is created: Palestrael. The Palestinian and Jewish peoples finally share the same territory, divided into autonomous regions. Extremist groups, both Israeli and Arab, refuse to recognize the new government.
  • The UN sends peacekeeping troops : MOMAPP. Mission de l’ONU pour le maintien de la paix au Proche-Orient.

Here starts your campaign, as a Mi-8 Pilot!

Your name is… Commander, your Copilot/Navigator is Larry and the Flight Engineer/Crew Chief is Joey.

Fully voiced over. Story driven. Full documentation in briefing and kneeboard.

Happy landing!

null

image.jpeg

Screenshots-5.jpg

Screenshots-3.jpg

Screenshots-4.jpg

Edited by dggoofy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Great 👍 I enjoy your Campaigns a lot 🙏

thanks for sharing 

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

16 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Great 👍 I enjoy your Campaigns a lot 🙏

thanks for sharing 

The pleasure is all mine... In this campaign, I tried to add a lot of fun in the conversations! I hope you will enjoy it 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xyszf3000 said:

This is the best campaign for Mi-8 I have ever played.The quality exceeds that of most similar campaigns.Including paid campaigns.

Thanks! Did you already finish all 10 missions ? It's a 12 hours game play!

15 minutes ago, Patryk991 said:

Where can I find the link to this campaign?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3330039/

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Hi there, this is a really cool premise - I can't seem to progress in M01 though. After the secondary tasking, I've landed at the helipad next to the incident, but the mission doesn't progress further. I don't get any acknowledgement that I've landed.

I looked at the triggers and the only thing that I can think might be causing this is the cockpit argument trigger you've got on the landing. Not sure what this one does - but I was stationary, inside the trigger zone, so can only be that I think?

6 hours ago, kaba said:

I can't seem to progress in M01 though. After the secondary tasking, I've landed at the helipad next to the incident, but the mission doesn't progress further. I don't get any acknowledgement that I've landed.

Hi, 

Trigger are set like that : 1) land in the right area 2) set collective to full down

Maybe your collective goes not down enough

Cheers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dggoofy said:

Hi, 

Trigger are set like that : 1) land in the right area 2) set collective to full down

Maybe your collective goes not down enough

Cheers

Thanks - looks like my issue, collective curves stopped me hitting full down - sorted and mission 1 completed!

22 hours ago, Mavkruger said:

thank you for the campaign, great job, i played the first one, and i die in the mission 2

Hide contents

the explosion occured too soon, i take off, turn around to outpost, accelerate slowly and boum, i explode with the truck

I'm working my way through the campaign and had this same issue at M2. I switched the condition (>12m AGL and >11kts) to a simple "unit outside zone" and it flowed perfectly well. 

• Like 1

I posted this in the download section before I knew about this thread. Hopefully it's OK to re-post here but if not please tell me where you would rather hear feedback. And thanks again!

I only finished the first mission and partially flew the second one (damaged by the explosion 🙂) but so far it has been great fun! Thank you for putting the effort and sharing.

I found one thing which I think is a bug but not sure. In both missions there is a trigger at the beginning that adds the menu item for the request take off or hover check. This trigger is set at rotor RPM 0.85 which is quite high and I do not know how to achieve it on the ground. The trigger value in the mission editor is the gauge value mapped to the [0..1] interval. The rotor RPM gauge is 0 to 110% so 0.85 actually means 93.5% (0.85 x 110%). I think maybe it was meant to be 85%, in which case the trigger should be set to 0.77 (85% / 110%)? When I changed the trigger from 0.85 to 0.77 the messages and menus made more sense. But maybe I just don't know how to rev up the rotor that high on the ground?

On 4/2/2023 at 9:25 PM, Mavkruger said:

i change the explosion size in mission two, 1000 is too big, 10 is enough

If I remember well, I did it... well. Strange.

6 hours ago, bolek said:

I posted this in the download section before I knew about this thread. Hopefully it's OK to re-post here but if not please tell me where you would rather hear feedback. And thanks again!

No sweat. Answer in the download section 😉

11 hours ago, dggoofy said:

No sweat. Answer in the download section 😉

Thanks, I am moving this here because I wanted to post a track and the download section does not allow it.

I don't know what I am doing wrong then, because I was already setting the throttle grip to MAX (auto governor) and the rotor RPM still does not reach 95% (or even 93%). In fact it barely goes over 90%. Here is the track with manual startup but the same thing happens with automatic startup (LWin-Home).

mi-8-startup.trk

10 hours ago, dggoofy said:

Sorry. Cannot help. It's not a campaign issue...

You are right. I have double checked everything and I think I figured out what the problem was. My N2 Trim switch was stuck in the DEC position, causing unnaturally low rotor RPMs. Oh boy 😓.

Anyway, sorry for all the noise. Great campaign, I am now getting pummeled by the insurgents in mission 3 😃.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi dggoofy.

I came across your campaign just recently and already finished mission #4. Congrats, it's a really cool campaign 👍.

So far I am very excited although the communication with ATC is actually not working, for whatever reason. Never mind though, the missions basically work!

However I got stuck at the beginning of mission #4 when the bomb squad is expected to disembark from the HMV, which did not happen. The reason is obviously the radius of the 'Bomb_Squad' trigger zone which seems too small for the HMV to decelerate/stop within the zone (as required by the respective BS arrival trigger conditions). So I increased the radius a bit such that the car stops within the zone at WP-12 after the 'hold' task is triggered at WP-11. With this the blockade can be resolved.

Thanks for your work. It's really great fun 😀.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi  dggoofy. I would like to fly this interesting campaign with my lovable UH-1. Is there way to edit the missions. I tried, but in the type field, the drop down menu chose, there isn't the UH-1.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

PSU: 750w - MB: MSI Z490-A PRO - CPU: I7-10700 - Liquid Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100x - GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 TI ultra gaming - RAM; 32Gb 3200 CL. 16 -  NVMe 1Tb per  WIn + NVMe 1Tb for DCS -   VR: OCULUS QUEST 3 - OS: WIN11 PRO

1 hour ago, Alexfly65 said:

Hi  dggoofy. I would like to fly this interesting campaign with my lovable UH-1. Is there way to edit the missions. I tried, but in the type field, the drop down menu chose, there isn't the UH-1.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

probably you need to change the country too, as not all countries have the UH-1

Thank for your quickly replay. I changed country and now let me change heli. But when start the mission n° 1, I start in the external view, where the voice tell me to push F10 for silent start, I push it but can't go inside the UH-1, the only option I can get is the map or external view. The other heli start to fly around me but I can't o inside my UH-1. I don't know if you own the UH-1 and you can try a fast test. Anyway thanks to did a nice free campaign.

PSU: 750w - MB: MSI Z490-A PRO - CPU: I7-10700 - Liquid Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100x - GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 TI ultra gaming - RAM; 32Gb 3200 CL. 16 -  NVMe 1Tb per  WIn + NVMe 1Tb for DCS -   VR: OCULUS QUEST 3 - OS: WIN11 PRO

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 10:34 AM, Alexfly65 said:

Thank for your quickly replay. I changed country and now let me change heli. But when start the mission n° 1, I start in the external view, where the voice tell me to push F10 for silent start, I push it but can't go inside the UH-1, the only option I can get is the map or external view. The other heli start to fly around me but I can't o inside my UH-1. I don't know if you own the UH-1 and you can try a fast test. Anyway thanks to did a nice free campaign.

Did you remember to check that it was still set it to player? 

16 ore fa, MAXsenna ha scritto:

Did you remember to check that it was still set it to player? 

Hei! You hit the mark! When changed the Heli, skill was changed to rookie.
In DCS I am rookie too. 😄

• Like 1