Question on SH mission "Bomb the blocks"

Hippo

Just played and much enjoyed this campaign (SC with Nevada) again.  Many thanks for putting it out there for free.

In the above mission there was one thing I found rather frustrating.  I am using VR, and I found that the targets only became visible far too late to really be able to properly line up.  Even using VR zoom, the targets would just suddenly pop up.  I got around it by using labels, which isn't ideal.  I was hoping to get your opinion as to whether this is an issue others have reported, if there might be a setting that can help with it, and whether it just happens to be an issue with this particular type of target.  Tanks, e.g., I can see as dots from much greater distances.  I thought that increasing visible range might do it, but it didn't appear to make any difference.

Having the voice actors makes a huge difference, btw.  Great job all round.

P.S. IIRC, the a/c starts cold and dark, and I think the briefing suggests that it starts with the a/c ready to taxi.

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

19 hours ago, Hippo said:

Just played and much enjoyed this campaign (SC with Nevada) again.  Many thanks for putting it out there for free.

In the above mission there was one thing I found rather frustrating.  I am using VR, and I found that the targets only became visible far too late to really be able to properly line up.  Even using VR zoom, the targets would just suddenly pop up.  I got around it by using labels, which isn't ideal.  I was hoping to get your opinion as to whether this is an issue others have reported, if there might be a setting that can help with it, and whether it just happens to be an issue with this particular type of target.  Tanks, e.g., I can see as dots from much greater distances.  I thought that increasing visible range might do it, but it didn't appear to make any difference.

Having the voice actors makes a huge difference, btw.  Great job all round.

P.S. IIRC, the a/c starts cold and dark, and I think the briefing suggests that it starts with the a/c ready to taxi.

Hi, thanks for the kind words.

Yes I think there is a current DCS issue regarding visibility in VR. I have found that the carrier runway and the laser guide doesn't appear as early as it did before at night.  I will have to check if it is only a VR multi thread issue  as I have noticed it in  MT so far, will have to check.

If you are noting a change  with visibility in VR check if in normal VR and MT and make a report on the forum for ED. They are looking for these sorts of reports now.

Will check out and correct the brief, thanks for the heads up.

If you enjoyed this campaign, and haven't already,  you might want to continue Fords exploits in the follow up campaign  Serpent's Head 2 available in the e shop.

Cheers

Badger633  

EDIT 26 March 23: In game brief to bomb the blocks corrected and issued in User files.

Edited by Badger633
  • Thanks 1

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Thanks for the response.  I wasn't aware of the MT/ VR issue and I have indeed been using the MT version.  I will now be away from my VR rig for about a week but will check on my return.

• Like 1

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals