Mission 3 navigation timeout

In mission 3 after taking off and flying for a few minutes I noticed that I was 11.3 nm from waypoint 1, the same distance as at the ramp, and not getting any closer. It was apparent that according to the nav system I was not moving at all. I stayed the same distance from all waypoints no matter where I flew, and on the HSI/SA page my aircraft position showed at waypoint 0 the whole time. I'm not sure if this is a mission problem or a DCS problem, but I've never seen this bug before. 

I restarted the mission and before taxi, changed my INS knob from NAV to IFA in case it was an INS issue. Things then seemed to work normally on takeoff, but then sometime between waypoint 1 and 2 I stopped moving again according to the nav system.

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2023 at 8:32 PM, mentat said:

Just had a similar issue; it seems like Mission 3 is set to the date of August 21st, 1900, which means GPS won't work.

Thanks for spotting this.
It totally explains why my targeting is all off on this mission.

@Looking Glass is there a way to fix this locally?

Edited by Gribbstar
  • Like 1

Just had a similar issue; it seems like Mission 3 is set to the date of August 21st, 1900, which means GPS won't work.

•  

Good spot. This has now been adjusted and will be added to newest updates.

Will update this thread if we come up with temp solution

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Looking Glass said:

Good spot. This has now been adjusted and will be added to newest updates.

Will update this thread if we come up with temp solution

Thanks.

I think it mostly affects people who fast align their INS and switch to IFA as it relies on GPS updates. This is how I usually start my aircraft.

The mission is much more playable with a slow align and NAV setting for the time being.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1