Controller and key bindings - is it possible to copy them?

Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

Hey all,

I'm new and I've only played with Su-25T for a couple of weeks now to get the basics down. Anyhow, I've just noticed that all controller and key bindings that I've created relate to this aircraft only. Is there a way to copy or transfer key bindings to another aircraft? I know some key assignments can't be simply copied (like weapon systems etc.) - but a lot of them could be (basic flight controls, axis, engine management etc.). Is there a simple way or do I have to do it manually? It's a bit tiresome to do this for all the flyable aircraft in the sim.

Thanks!

• Solution
1 hour ago, Bankoletti said:

Is there a way to copy or transfer key bindings to another aircraft? I know some key assignments can't be simply copied (like weapon systems etc.) - but a lot of them could be (basic flight controls, axis, engine management etc.). Is there a simple way or do I have to do it manually?..

You can use the Save Profile and Load Profile buttons of the Controls Window. On my experience this is only practical with FC3 style aircrafts, the full fidelity modules are better served by manually binding what you need, as each aircraft controls design is very different from the others.

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

52 minutes ago, Bankoletti said:

It's a bit tiresome to do this for all the flyable aircraft in the sim.

Yup, it ain't IL-2 where you set everything for all the aircraft in one go. As Rudel said, each aircraft has it's own specific controls, however, a lot of them are equal like gear up/down/toggle and in general have the same bindings...
You'll also find that modern aircraft use a slightly different name for certain controls then WW2 aircraft.
But you don't need to set up everything in one go, just pause the sim if something is missing, get into controls, set up what you need and fly on.

Edited by Lange_666
  • Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

19 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

You can use the Save Profile and Load Profile buttons of the Controls Window. On my experience this is only practical with FC3 style aircrafts, the full fidelity modules are better served by manually binding what you need, as each aircraft controls design is very different from the others.

Hi, thanks for the answer! Would you be so kind and elaborate on where to find these "save" and "load" profile options? For the life of me I can't find them anywhere!null

image.png

10 minutes ago, Bankoletti said:

Hi, thanks for the answer! Would you be so kind and elaborate on where to find these "save" and "load" profile options? For the life of me I can't find them anywhere!null

not on my pc at the moment, but try un-selecting the foldable view.

Edit: I notice that you dont have a hotas to have axes control, here is how to setup a cheap Xbox or Playstation gamepad for use with dcs:

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

21 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Edit: I notice that you dont have a hotas to have axes control, here is how to setup a cheap Xbox or Playstation gamepad for use with dcs:

I do have HOTAS (Logitech X-56 Rhino, works as it should), I just don't have it plugged in at the moment. Still, even when I do, nothing changes (apart from two columns for each device) on this menu, still no "save profile" button anywhere (with foldable selected or not).

31 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

This.

If you un-tick Foldable View, the Load Profile and Save Profile As option become available.

• Thanks 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

1 hour ago, Bankoletti said:

I do have HOTAS (Logitech X-56 Rhino, works as it should), I just don't have it plugged in at the moment. Still, even when I do, nothing changes (apart from two columns for each device) on this menu, still no "save profile" button anywhere (with foldable selected or not).

Strange, I do have them on my DCS:

L9R7Ivi.jpg

• Thanks 1