PC-9 Livery Wishlist

trelos57

Ok, this topic would open at one point or another😅, so i decided to be the one to do it. 

I would like to post the liveries of the 2 Cypriot PC-9s (901 and 902)

901 (Κερύνεια)

photo_9999_303886.jpg

Cyprus14.jpg

902 (Αμμόχωστος)

f11b9956b2a44ac3e72e0d97d21edda0.jpg

pc-9-902.jpg

(The differences are only the writings on the nose. 901 writes "Κερύνεια", 902 "Αμμόχωστος")

Edited by trelos57

Not even a PC-9 but a PC-21, so a bit far fetch, but better than nothing (I don't think a PC-21 will come any sooner, nor later for the purpose 😅, than this one) but still nice good looking skin, it would be nice to have, close enough I guess,

Sin título.jpg

• Like 3

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I'd love to see, perhaps as a User Livery, the livery used by Chile's PC-7:

https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/airliners/4/3/5/1749534.jpg?v=v40

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, HoldmyBeer said:

the Dev team has already stated the PC-9/A will come with RAAF liveries only

pity, that will surely detract from the Module's desirability ..  😞

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that the PC-9/A should *launch* with RAAF liveries, but they could add some of the more unique liveries from other nations later. There's a number of instances in DCS already where "fictional" liveries have been added for aircraft in DCS (such as a JASDF F-2 livery for the F-16, German and Greek (F-4F/F-4E AUP - though they were probably earlier-model Es first, don't know much about the HAF AUPs) liveries being demonstrated for the F-4, IDF liveries for the F-15E and a TNI (Indonesian) livery for the AH-64D - when the TNI has ordered AH-64Es, not Ds). Personally, I don't see the harm in finctional liveries, seeing as ED itself has set a precedent.

The PC-9/A is a pure training aircraft, I think they may have carried smoke rockets for AFAC duties but they would never have been flown in a "modern" battlefield (or even a mildly contested earlier battlefield) as, as far as I know, they lack RWR and any counter-measures. That being said, unlike the Christen Eagle II (I know there are a lot of people that enjoy it, and DCS at its core is a flight sim, however it was never utilised by any nation's military air arm for flight training let alone combat - but if you need to make a test bed module to use as a basis for future prop-driven modules, may as well see if it'll make some money to help recoup the costs...I get it...), the PC-9/A has been used to train *combat* pilots from a nation's *military* much like the Yak-52 (which is also unarmed) so it does have a place in DCS.

Edited by cailean_556
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 1:35 PM, cailean_556 said:

The PC-9/A is a pure training aircraft, I think they may have carried smoke rockets for AFAC duties but they would never have been flown in a "modern" battlefield (or even a mildly contested earlier battlefield) as, as far as I know, they lack RWR and any counter-measures.

Lack of RWR and counter-measures is hardly a problem in some cases.

For example, the L-39 Albatros is a great aircraft for COIN and light CAS work in a relatively low-threat environment, both in DCS as in the real world (e.g. Syria).

I couldn't quickly find much related to combat employment of the PC-9 but the PC-7 was apparently used quite extensively for COIN and CAS tasks.

The PC-9 is fitted with hard points so at least putting some iron bombs, unguided rockets and perhaps gun pods and even countermeasures pods would be possible.

For example the Swiss Air Force have mounted the Ericson Vista 5 jammer pod:

https://www.aironline.nl/weblog/2020/02/23/de-pilatus-pc-9-in-dienst-bij-de-swiss-air-force/

While I'll still probably buy the PC-9 even without weapons, it would be a lot more fun and useful if the module would have the possibility.

• Like 1

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

BAe - both black and red & white training schemes would be nice

Here's a few to choose from in any case... https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/pilatus-pc-9-a.html?sortBy=relevant

*or blue & red  🙂

Edited by Johnny Dioxin
  • Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...