Separate ON/OFF State for Fuel Dump Switch

markom

And in the real aircraft, it cannot be moved manually to OFF? Also... it probably won't do that, since I use a physical switch for it... and I didn't shell-out $100 for a magnetic release one.

Edited by markom

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 8:09 PM, markom said:

It would be nice to have a separate ON and OFF states for the fuel dump switch. Currently, there's only one "ON/OFF" mappable command.

I agree. I have updated my lua control file to give me the option to set it as you describe in the key binds. But it gets removed with every update and I forget about it until I’m flying along and realize the bind is gone. Annoying. 

7 hours ago, weasel1088 said:

I agree. I have updated my lua control file to give me the option to set it as you describe in the key binds. But it gets removed with every update and I forget about it until I’m flying along and realize the bind is gone. Annoying. 

I use OvGME to avoid this nuisance. Before allowing an update I back out all mods and move them back in after the update. Without that tool I would go nuts as I have lots of modified LUA files. Unfortunately the developer no longer supports the software and it has disappeared from Github, but it works without problems and I kept a copy of the install.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/31/2023 at 5:09 AM, markom said:

It would be nice to have a separate ON and OFF states for the fuel dump switch. Currently, there's only one "ON/OFF" mappable command.

ED has given you that possibility quite a while ago. See my bindings in the screen shot.

I use JOY_BTN19 on my throttle for Fuel Dump ON and JOY_BTN19_OFF for Fuel Dump OFF

Fuel Dump Binding.JPG

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Oops, I forgot that I added these 2 lines to my "default.lua" file:

{down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch ON'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},
{down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down =  -1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch OFF'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

I apologize for confusing you!

LeCuvier

You're absolutely right, it's a work-around. But it works for me, on the Hornet and most other aircraft, and without these work-arounds I wouldn't enjoy flying so much.
The only aircraft module (to my knowledge) where all the user-suggested bindings were added is the Viggen. That one that has an extensive set of bindings, with slow and fast variants for many of them.

LeCuvier

Simply open the lua - find the line - copy it and paste below - edit that new line with a -1.0 and change on/off to off - save - run game - enjoy

Use open mod manager (the new OVGME) to replace that file on future patches - or keep that line ready and paste in as req per patch - or edit each time manually after patch

Wish list will be noted but ED are not super fast however hard you push lol

Ive typed enough here to equate to editing that lua 5 or 6 times - thats a good 6 months flying with an on and an off switch via the LUA.

Just saying

5 hours ago, markom said:

Well, it's my duty as the user to ask for a missing feature in the wishlist forum 🙂

Yeah.  We've given them the code for five or six additions, made sacrifices at the altar, done penance, offered tithes, and fifteen years later they added one.  Don't waste time expecting ED to do much on this front.

I have a notepad++ file with all my .lua edits; I try to open it before updating, then not allow Notepad++ to update files from disk and re-save my versions.  ED seems to have a moral objection to control updates (unlike some third party providers).

If the update is big enough I might just recopy all the changes, but it's a PITA.  I have line numbers so I know where to put them...