Make AI B52H Take Off After Base Captured

kelmcguir

I am setting up a multiplayer mission, blue v red. At one base there is a B52H bomber. If red captures this base then it can take off and bomb a certain blue base runway.  The same thing can happen for the blue team if they capture a separate base.  I have the B52H set with late activation to take off on runway.  If the correct coalition captures the base the B52H group is activated and then it should take off.  The trigger is Once > Coalition has airdrome > activate group (B52H).  This part works.  However, the B52H just sits on the runway for 1 hour and then decides to take off.  Why is there a delay of 1 hr before it follows its waypoints? Why doesn't it take off as soon as it is activated?

Also, instead of the above, is there a way to have the B52H just sit on the runway and then when the correct coalition captures the base they get a new radio command to tell the B52H to take off and then it follows its assigned waypoints?

Thanks! 

Maybe it's some issue with the AI spawning as soon as the base is captured. What happens if you delay the spawn a few seconds?

AI planes can't park on runways but they can be parked at parking spaces using the "Uncontrolled" tickbox. If you want to force the AI to wait on the runway, you can try blocking its path with a vehicle and then despawning the vehicle to allow it to takeoff.

Also it generally helps to post your mission when having issues so people can directly inspect it. Just attach it to your post.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files