Can offsets be made to Markpoints?

Recluse

I am creating this post because I started the discussion in another post about Offsets in the Mission Editor, which kind of spammed that post. SORRY!

In Chuck's guide,

Markpoints
Markpoints are used to "mark" a point of interest, whether flying over an interesting area or an
enemy sighting. They can be selected, modified and offset just like regular Waypoints

and as several helpful responses in the aforementioned thread stated, you should be able to make OFFSETS to MARKPOINTS as you can with Waypoints.  I have NOT been able to figure out the process. With a MARKPOINT selected, the only option in the ODU is WYPT (as it is for WP OFFSET) and clicking it only toggles between WYPT and TGPT.

Just wondering if you can make OFFSETS to MKPOINTS and if so, how.

NOTE: My original reason for wanting to do this was to find targets offset from e.g. SMOKE MARKERS, but it seems that WP OFFSETS can only be made in units of Nautical Miles vs. Meters, which makes them less than useful. So, another question is can the units for WP/MKPT offsets be changed?

Thanks for your kind assistance and advice.

• Like 1

It's a while since I programmed way/markpoints in the AV-8B, but it should switch the ODU option from :WYPT to :WO/S, if you are in DATA mode. Select the markpoint (it's just a specifically named waypoint) on the right between the up/down arrows and box DATA. Now the ODU option 1 should display :WYPT. Press the option select button 1 and it should say :WO/S. If that's not showing, it is not correct/a bug/missing. 

Range for offset should be recognized during entry as meters (if you enter an integer higher than 100) and as NM if equal or below 100. Note NM can have decimals for fractions of a mile. Pressing the associated option select button for RNG should cycle the display entry between NM and meters, for verification/or conversion. 

I may find the time tomorrow to verify this and try myself, but that is how it should work.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

14 minutes ago, shagrat said:

It's a while since I programmed way/markpoints in the AV-8B, but it should switch the ODU option from :WYPT to :WO/S, if you are in DATA mode. Select the markpoint (it's just a specifically named waypoint) on the right between the up/down arrows and box DATA. Now the ODU option 1 should display :WYPT. Press the option select button 1 and it should say :WO/S. If that's not showing, it is not correct/a bug/missing. 

Range for offset should be recognized during entry as meters (if you enter an integer higher than 100) and as NM if equal or below 100. Note NM can have decimals for fractions of a mile. Pressing the associated option select button for RNG should cycle the display entry between NM and meters, for verification/or conversion. 

I may find the time tomorrow to verify this and try myself, but that is how it should work.

Yes, I have done it exactly this way when making Waypoint Offsets. The problem is that if a MARKPOINT is selected, clicking WYPT in the ODU just toggles to TGPT NOT to W/OS as it does for Waypoints. At least I have not managed to get it to do so.

Thanks for the tip on using numbers >100 for Meter offsets!! I think I remember reading it somewhere NOW but it had totally escaped me.

Here's a little video. Sorry it's a little blurry in full screen. I forget to update my capture resolution for YOUTUBE.  Might render in higher res after awhile.

Let me know if you see something else in your testing.

Edited by Recluse
  • Like 1

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Recluse:

Yes, I have done it exactly this way when making Waypoint Offsets. The problem is that if a MARKPOINT is selected, clicking WYPT in the ODU just toggles to TGPT NOT to W/OS as it does for Waypoints. At least I have not managed to get it to do so.

Thanks for the tip on using numbers >100 for Meter offsets!! I think I remember reading it somewhere NOW but it had totally escaped me.

Here's a little video. Sorry it's a little blurry in full screen. I forget to update my capture resolution for YOUTUBE.  Might render in higher res after awhile.

Let me know if you see something else in your testing.

Can confirm, it's not implemented, correctly. ODU option switches between MKPT and TGPT instead of offset.

• Like 1

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I have created a separate bug report for this topic and linked to the discussion here:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/323021-cannot-create-offsets-for-markpoints-odu-select-option-switches-to-tgpt-instead/#comment-5188796

• Like 2

Shagrat