F-4E Phantom Development Report - DCS Newsletter 31/03/2023

IronMike

Well if your paying attention in the development pictures and screenshots they are doing a 3D laser mapping scan off a German F-4F's cockpit, so a big part of the in game phantom is apparently developed off one, they're so close you can build one off the other either way.

39 minutes ago, Nodak said:

Well if your paying attention in the development pictures and screenshots they are doing a 3D laser mapping scan off a German F-4F's cockpit, so a big part of the in game phantom is apparently developed off one, they're so close you can build one off the other either way.

As Lance said, not only. We scanned also -Es in the US. 🙂

• Like 6

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

4 hours ago, Nightstalker said:

I really wish ED would stop using the word "imminent" in their news letters when they don't really mean imminent.  The last time we heard imminent was for the F15 before Christmas and look how long we are actually waiting.

It's a hard one. ED will get complaints if they don't give any hints, but then stuff happens and it takes longer then they expected. 

Imminent is a very "strong" word. And I think most people will assume within a month when they hear that word. It might be that for the F15 they did think it was about a month away but as i said stuff might have gotten in the way.

That said Heatblur seems to be quite on the level. And might be in better shape to deliver. But I agree Imminent is probably not the correct word for it.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

yeah imminent is within the week, not even a month, but yeah whatever... at this stage everything is a big unknown F-4, F4U,  F-15, 135GR early, .. we are entering Q2 and not one single module was released... oh well. 

(Speaking generally not exclusively about Heatblur of course)...

Edited by Baco
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Baco said:

yeah imminent is within the week, not even a month, but yeah whatever... at this stage everything is a big unknown F-4, F4U,  F-15, 135GR early, .. we are entering Q2 and not one single module was released... oh well. 

(Speaking generally not exclusively about Heatblur of course)...

I don't expect the Corsair until after summer, I want to be pleasantly surprised but I don't think it will happen. It looks like Sinai and Normandy 2 will come out before any aircraft. 

• Like 3

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Am 31.3.2023 um 19:33 schrieb Tango3B:

Wait what?!? Is this...dude, this is the legend himself! Robin Olds! Okay, if this is the actual level of attention to detail which we can expect, I think I should take a very long break from work once the F-4 goes public release. Damn HB, you blew me away. By the way, the gold/blue Pharewell F-4 really made me smile...! Have you actually been to Wittmund AB? ;-D

Nein, aber ich war auf der AB des JaboG 36 in Rheine/Hopsten. Genauer gesagt wohne ich aktuell ganz in der Nähe. Ich kann es echt nicht mehr abwarten......

Wenn ich daran denke das ich den "Luftverteidigungsdiesel" in meiner Kindheit über meinem Kopf habe fliegen sehen und jetzt bald virtuell selber drin sitze........das macht die Warterei nicht unbedingt leichter 😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AzraelKurita said:

Nein, aber ich war auf der AB des JaboG 36 in Rheine/Hopsten. Genauer gesagt wohne ich aktuell ganz in der Nähe. Ich kann es echt nicht mehr abwarten......

Wenn ich daran denke das ich den "Luftverteidigungsdiesel" in meiner Kindheit über meinem Kopf habe fliegen sehen und jetzt bald virtuell selber drin sitze........das macht die Warterei nicht unbedingt leichter

"No, but I was on the AB of JaboG 36 in Rheine/Hopsten. To be more precise, I currently live very close by. I really can't wait any longer...... When I think about the fact that I saw the "air defense diesel" flying over my head in my childhood and now I'll be sitting in it virtually myself........that doesn't necessarily make the waiting any easier" so you all dont have to google translate it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Wishlist:f4e,f4j,f4g,f4e aup,f8,f6f,f4u,f15e,ah1g/w,fr fireball,a7d,g91,jaguar,f1,ch53e.

20 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

I don't expect the Corsair until after summer, I want to be pleasantly surprised but I don't think it will happen. It looks like Sinai and Normandy 2 will come out before any aircraft. 

Agreed... I think we will see the Sinai and Normandy 2.0 maps before the F-15E, then possibly the F-4E... then the Marianas WWII with the F4U coming shortly after.

• Like 2

Am 2.4.2023 um 06:03 schrieb NoodI:

"No, but I was on the AB of JaboG 36 in Rheine/Hopsten. To be more precise, I currently live very close by. I really can't wait any longer...... When I think about the fact that I saw the "air defense diesel" flying over my head in my childhood and now I'll be sitting in it virtually myself........that doesn't necessarily make the waiting any easier" so you all dont have to google translate it

Sorry....

I think I got carried away this Evening 😉

• Like 4

2 hours ago, UwU_Minna said:

Hey there! I just wanted to ask if there's anything planned regarding the Kurnass 2000, maybe an upgrade module or something?

They mentioned that any of those upgraded F-4E from other countries won't be happening past livery. 

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

I am beyond excited for this. So much so, that I have very little interest in the Eagle (which is another jet I'm fond of tbh) It was my favourite jet as a child growing up during the latter part of the cold war, and remains my favourite today. Heatblur can take as long as they want with it, I have faith that it'll be brilliant.

• Like 9

i7 12700, 3070ti, 64GB Orion 2 F16EX grip and throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals

Hello so when the Phantom comes out, how objectively could it be a week, a month or a few months away?

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

35 minutes ago, AzraelKurita said:

Thats the great Problem.....

Nobody knows.....except Heatblur 😉

Everything we know is "it´s almost ready to release".

Unless Heatblur has a better crystal ball than most software companies they don't know, either.  They have a schedule and a plan and only then find that irritating issue that forces them to completely re-write the bit about...whatever it is.  The last 10% of the work takes 90% of the time, then some customer comes back and asks why something doesn't work and they scratch their heads and wonder how they could possibly have missed that...

If it helps, and it usually doesn't, that sort of thing is frustrating for everyone concerned, especially the people behind the IDE.

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Raisuli:

Unless Heatblur has a better crystal ball than most software companies they don't know, either.  They have a schedule and a plan and only then find that irritating issue that forces them to completely re-write the bit about...whatever it is.  The last 10% of the work takes 90% of the time, then some customer comes back and asks why something doesn't work and they scratch their heads and wonder how they could possibly have missed that...

If it helps, and it usually doesn't, that sort of thing is frustrating for everyone concerned, especially the people behind the IDE.

Also why devs learned that giving honest dates usually isnt worth it, because people take it like promises.

I rather they take their time and have a reasonably functional aircraft to deliver; early access or not, you only get one release. And the F-4E is probably one of the most famous and capable early/mid cold war aircraft out there.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Raisuli:

Well....I should have been writing "Only one who MIGHT know are Heatblur"

I´m well aware that every Schedule can be thrown overboard if Problems appear.

Am 1.4.2023 um 20:06 schrieb Gunfreak:

It's a hard one. ED will get complaints if they don't give any hints, but then stuff happens and it takes longer then they expected. 

Imminent is a very "strong" word. And I think most people will assume within a month when they hear that word. It might be that for the F15 they did think it was about a month away but as i said stuff might have gotten in the way.

That said Heatblur seems to be quite on the level. And might be in better shape to deliver. But I agree Imminent is probably not the correct word for it.

Imminent creates interactions no matter if it is true or not 😉 I think ed is taking the bullet gladly for relighting the fire.

8 hours ago, Temetre said:

Also why devs learned that giving honest dates usually isnt worth it, because people take it like promises.

I rather they take their time and have a reasonably functional aircraft to deliver; early access or not, you only get one release. And the F-4E is probably one of the most famous and capable early/mid cold war aircraft out there.

Instead of potential dates for release which are usually worthless because of unforeseen issues, how about giving updates about what they are working on, which parts are finished, which ones are being worked on and what's next on the table to get started on. I think regular updates like that would be fantastic and give those of us that have little/no experience in these things some inkling of the magnitude of these projects. In turn, that would likely give us a better appreciation of the modules we buy.

• Like 3

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Elf1606688794:

Instead of potential dates for release which are usually worthless because of unforeseen issues, how about giving updates about what they are working on, which parts are finished, which ones are being worked on and what's next on the table to get started on. I think regular updates like that would be fantastic and give those of us that have little/no experience in these things some inkling of the magnitude of these projects. In turn, that would likely give us a better appreciation of the modules we buy.

Honestly yeah, I really wouldnt mind if devs shared a bit more about the development process. Game development always seems very opaque. Like we know more about hollywood movies with hundreds of millions of dollars of budget, then we know about most games in development.

I think that might be more a niche audience thing though. 

Oh, actually reminds me: Star Citizen is actually a pretty good example for transparent development. Ive never seen a dev share this much of the development with the community. For the longest time they even shared their internal feature database with the public, idk if they are still doing it.

Edited by Temetre
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bones1014 said:

Which engine will the E be released with? Is it the smokeless version?

Only on shutdown . . . .

(sorry, couldn’t resist!)

• Like 5

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.