F-4E Phantom Development Report - DCS Newsletter 31/03/2023

IronMike

5 hours ago, Jaakov said:

My guess is, according to the situation with F-15E, we won't see Phantom sooner than Q1/Q2 2024.

Why? Razbam doesn't have anything to do with Phantom.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Why? Razbam doesn't have anything to do with Phantom.

No, but ED does.  If ED decides to delay a module or make a release schedule so modules are not released at the same time, there's nothing a 3rd party can do to change that decision since DCS releases are controlled by ED.  I feel like everybody who says "but it's a different module and has nothing to do with other module" forgets this.  ED has final say on releases.

So if ED has decided to not release multiple modules at the same time, the F-15E delay WILL affect the F-4 if it is ready before the F-15 but is slotted for release after the Eagle.

• Like 4

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Stackup:

No, but ED does.  If ED decides to delay a module or make a release schedule so modules are not released at the same time, there's nothing a 3rd party can do to change that decision since DCS releases are controlled by ED.  I feel like everybody who says "but it's a different module and has nothing to do with other module" forgets this.  ED has final say on releases.

So if ED has decided to not release multiple modules at the same time, the F-15E delay WILL affect the F-4 if it is ready before the F-15 but is slotted for release after the Eagle.

What makes you think ED doesnt want the Phantom to be released? I, for example, dont want to buy the Eagle.....but I REALLY wanna buy the Phantom.....and I guess I am not the only one. Those who want both Modules will buy both...sooner or later. So why waiting?

• Like 1

Quoting Cobra There will be some gaps between releases as this is something that all parties feel is good, but the development or release schedule on a macro level is not influenced by the 15E. Put simply, and with all due respect, we do our own thing and don't really care much about other third parties. I wouldn't even say we consider other releases quite as competitors, as the rising tide raises all boats in DCS''. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AzraelKurita said:

What makes you think ED doesnt want the Phantom to be released? I, for example, dont want to buy the Eagle.....but I REALLY wanna buy the Phantom.....and I guess I am not the only one. Those who want both Modules will buy both...sooner or later. So why waiting?

That's not what I said at all.  I said if ED has a release schedule and as Cobra said there will be gaps between releases, then depending on how long the delay takes, other modules will most likely be affected.  

Does ED not want the F-15E to be released?  Story I heard was the delay from June to July was ED and not Razbam so ED could do the same to the F-4 if they find something unsatisfactory with their end of the update. 

I like you, am waiting for the F-4 and have not bought the F-15 so I'm anxious for the F-4 reveal to come and hoping I don't have to wait until fall to get my hands on it although that's looking more likely with each passing week...  Luckily, I have the A-6 AI and hopefully the early F-14 to look forward to over the summer if the F-4 comes late in the year.

6 hours ago, jaguara5 said:

There will be some gaps between releases as this is something that all parties feel is good, but the development or release schedule on a macro level is not influenced by the 15E.

Exactly.  There will be gaps between the releases.  Obviously the F-15E release and development does not affect Heatblur's development or the F-4E, but you can't say on one hand that there will be a gap between releases and then also say one does not affect the other.  You can't have a gap between releases if one product gets delayed into an overlapping release window with the other. 

Hopefully we get some news soon or at least some more screenshots of what they've been working on.

• Like 4

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

23 hours ago, shrimpy_dikdik said:

ED said recently on FB one release does not affect the other. Of course what actually happens behind closed doors might be different. 

Screenshot_20230527_095035_Facebook.jpg

Someone forgot to redact Brendan's name in ED's response. 😉

• Like 1

AV8B Desert 3 Signature Pic 500 x 100.png

On 5/27/2023 at 9:52 AM, shrimpy_dikdik said:

ED said recently on FB one release does not affect the other. Of course what actually happens behind closed doors might be different. 

Well, they might not affect each other but the thing is, and that is my personal opinion, that most of the sales of each module take place during pre order, after that I guess only during sales. Thats imho the reason they postponed it till July - the sales were not as high as they hoped they'll be. It might be because a lot of people are still waiting for the Phantom? I don't know. But if I remember correctly someone from HB said in an earlier statement, that its gonna take 6 months or so untill we start seing some pictures and videos, they quickly dismissed that being not true and yet here we are after 6 months with no news or anything. So if we get the F-15 during July, I guess the phantom will be at least 6-8 months away...at best.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jaakov said:

HB said in an earlier statement, that its gonna take 6 months or so untill we start seing some pictures and videos, they quickly dismissed that being not true and yet here we are after 6 months with no news or anything

They still have a month left, the end of June will mark that 6 month period.  Still, I do wonder what the hangup is.  I would love more info from HB, but at the same time I think just dropping it into an Open beta update and only telling us the day of would be a nice change of pace.  Keep us guessing.

8 hours ago, Jaakov said:

I guess the phantom will be at least 6-8 months away...at best.

That would mean they would have overestimated by a full year, and I can't believe that. My estimate is rather that the F-4 will come relatively shortly after the F-15E.

• Like 1

I will not buy the F-15E. I'll wait for the F-4E. I hope it does not take long.

• Like 7

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

vor einer Stunde schrieb felixx75:

That would mean they would have overestimated by a full year, and I can't believe that. My estimate is rather that the F-4 will come relatively shortly after the F-15E.

Well, In the meantime, I am no longer so sure. Half a year is almost over and we're still waiting for the big announcement. It will take surely a few more months until the release. The original schedule has already been overrun in any case

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stackup said:

They still have a month left, the end of June will mark that 6 month period.  Still, I do wonder what the hangup is.  I would love more info from HB, but at the same time I think just dropping it into an Open beta update and only telling us the day of would be a nice change of pace.  Keep us guessing.

Chances are, it won't just drop into OB since it was said that there will be a pre-order for the Phantom as well. With hope, it won't take nearly as long as the 15 or other modules to actually release.

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

31 minutes ago, RevampedGrunt said:

Chances are, it won't just drop into OB since it was said that there will be a pre-order for the Phantom as well. With hope, it won't take nearly as long as the 15 or other modules to actually release.

Yeah, I hope it's not a long preorder.  Maybe they are waiting until it's actually finished and ready for release before starting the hype train or a preorder.

On 5/27/2023 at 2:07 PM, ST0RM said:

Allot of things are said. Not all are factual.

Still better than just pulling news out of thin air. I cant believe a company like HB with 2 dozen or so people on their paycheck would allow its biggest release in 4 years to be dependent on other 3rd party issues. I am pretty sure they have something in the contract that says how much ED can delay stuff unilaterally.

Its amazing that despite both HB and ED denied this crap we are talking about this. 

Edited by sparrow88

1 hour ago, sparrow88 said:

<snip>

Its amazing that despite both HB and ED denied this crap we are talking about this. 

What's amazing about it?  People have made stuff up as they go along since people were invented.  If HB or ED says anything at all they get piled on, if they say nothing people invent it and pile on them anyway.  Silence is the path of least resistance, so they keep emcon in self defense.

It's a shame, but it's the way things are now.  Personally I'd love to hear "had to refactor piddle packs for the WSO, and that will take a few months", but then the InternetExperts appear out of nowhere...

• Like 3

I think RAZBAM deserves some criticism, because they encouraged hype and preorders long before release, and then got many delays. They are seeling more copies from hype, after all, its not without profit.

But HB with the Phantom seem pretty reasonable? Theyre telling us plane is coming, but theyre not talking too much or make big announcements. I would like to have more info, but cant say they are misleading from anything Ive seen. Thats a solid way to do things, more calm and upfront.

The whole idea that the F-15E deeply affects the F4 launch seems madeup anyway. I doubt thats a thing; at most its probably like "at least have 1 month between releases" or so.

Thats all just too emotional, imo its best to just not get hyped. Sure, look forward to the plane, but dont get emotionally attached to the idea of getting the plane in a certain timeframe. Dont let future stuff keep you from having enjoyment now. And if HB doesnt specifically promise anything, dont take it like a betrayal if expectations are broken.

Edited by Temetre