AC Voltmeter wrong wiring

randomTOTEN
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

Thank you for fixing the rotary switch positions. They now correctly point at the printed labels. Unfortunately, the systems do not reflect the labeled positions in the Russian Cockpit

Label 115VAC appears to function as OFF

Only 2 of 3 phases of LEFT GEN can be displayed.

Solution appears to be eliminate spurious far right OFF position and slide slots over to make from for L GEN 3.

Track Attached. Thank You.

MI24 Voltmeter still broken.trk

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, randomTOTEN said:

Thank you for fixing the rotary switch positions. They now correctly point at the printed labels. Unfortunately, the systems do not reflect the labeled positions in the Russian Cockpit

Label 115VAC appears to function as OFF

Only 2 of 3 phases of LEFT GEN can be displayed.

Solution appears to be eliminate spurious far right OFF position and slide slots over to make from for L GEN 3.

Track Attached. Thank You.

MI24 Voltmeter still broken.trk 696.45 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you for that post and track. I was planning to do that since they told it was fixed on the last patch.

The DC Voltmeter also has its values mixed up but the rotary switch and labels are OK, for instance, the DC voltage of the buses should appear after turning on the Power from Batt switch but it shows the voltage at the Rectifier position if I recall correctly (not in game right now).

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

as the title says. Having the APU running and the DC voltmeter selector on the AI-9V position, the voltmeter doesn't show any voltage. Selecting accumulator or bus positions will show respective voltage.

AI-9V amperemeter is showing current and no load on the accumulator amperemeters, so they are getting charged from the APU gen.

I'm on stable version but could also check on OB if needed.

DCS/2.8.1.34667

Screen_230311_153754_voltmeter_APU_gen.j

To the left, nothing and there is no more position to the right.

What I noticed after creating this thread was, that it shows voltage readings, when main engine generators are online and rectifiers are switched on. In this case it shows the same as the two rectifier positions before.

Some more screenshots without the APU running but with ground electrical power on. I this case I would expect the DC voltmeter never show voltage for the AI-9V position.

The DC voltmeter shows voltage but not for the position selected. Looks like a mix of readings for the rectifier positions.

Screen_230312_202149.jpg?raw=1  Screen_230312_202150.jpg?raw=1  Screen_230312_202153.jpg?raw=1

Screen_230312_202158.jpg?raw=1  Screen_230312_202200.jpg?raw=1  Screen_230312_202201.jpg?raw=1

20230313_Mi-24P_DC_voltmeter_behavior.trk

Edited by gulredrel
added track

• 3 weeks later...

AC Voltmeter on 115V shows 0V even if PO-750 transformator is on. 

When checking Left Generator only voltages between phases AB BC shows 208V. The CA position reads 0V.

When I turn on Right Generator suddenly CA Phase of Left generator reads 208V. Which means this is wrong wiring of AC voltmeter. When I check AB and BC Phase on right generator when it is turned on, it reads 208V which is correct.

But when I check CA Phase of Right Generator it shows 115V. That is again wrong It should read 208V. When I turn off PO750 (Transformer to 115V) this position (CA of right generator) jumps to zero. So it shows the voltage on PO750 not on the Right generator between phases C and A. And position 115V which should show voltage on PO750 reads still 0V like it is OFF position

Mi-24_AC_Voltmeter_wrong_wiring.trk

Sorry, somehow text I wrote was not present in my last post.

It is not same issue. Knob is pointing at correct spots directly against white triangles so there is no dubt about where is knob pointing. It work on both cockpits liveries- Default and English.

About the problem:

It looks like positions of Left, Right Generators and 115V transformer are shifted CCW because C-A position of L Gen shows votage between some phases of right gen as you can see on image and C-A position of R Gen shows voltage of transformer 115V.
External power phases measurement works as it should as well as off position. 

6 hours ago, DeMonteur said:

Yes it is. Maybe mine is bit more explained

What happened is the positions were wrong. Cue past bug report. So the positions were fixed. Then the indications became wrong, so it’s kindve an evolution of the same bug 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 1 month later...