AI Conversion for Jester

Bosun

Posited this in another response, but thought I'd start a thread on it. 

Currently, the AI tech exists to 'deepfake' voices.  That means you could type out a phrase and have an AI interpret it into the voice with tonal inflection and pacing that resembles the sample data. 

So

Does anyone think it would be possible to create a plug-in for the Jester AI, that would allow the plug-in to use an AI algorithm to read and listen to Jester AI as a sample, and then choose from a bank of other sample audio that it could 'swap voices' with?  

Essentially, being able to 'Hot Swap' in different voices for Jester, after running all those files through a processor AI to 'deepfake' a new voice from the example audio file.  I'm imagining being able to take famous characters from movies, your best friend, etc, and after a small sample of maybe 40-50 lines, being able to have the AI deepfake the rest of the 10,500 samples.  

Possible? Or pipe dream?  

Mike, 

Thanks! Saw that mod, and it just sparked the idea - "what if it didn't take recording 10,500 samples individually to change the voice?"  

This wasn't so much a feature request as a more academic ponder on what would be possible given current AI tech. 🙂

On 4/3/2023 at 4:58 PM, IronMike said:

Here, this might interest you.

❤️

8 hours ago, Bosun said:

academic ponder on what would be possible given current AI tech.

I am working on a plugin that takes the file names, a script, and a few macros to spit out a voice of your choosing. It's not dynamic, but it would be fairly easy to swap between voices with OVGME. It's a learning experience for me so it is taking some time, but I cannot wait to share it open-source when it is ready! 

• Like 2

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

Ooohh I want Jester with Arnold Schwartzenegger’s voice, or even better Darth Vedar’s voice! :drinks_cheers:

“I find your lack of flares, disturbing…”

• Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!