CPU Bound in MT on 2D

4 hours ago, rayrayblues said:

@Roady

Your test mission is pretty heavily populated. Not really a good test subject and not one that just anyone can run.

I don't have the F-16 and I don't have combined arms. I got it to open, but my poor little 1660Ti couldn't handle it.

Do you have the stuttering problem with all missions or just this one? If so, then send me a lighter mission that shows the issue.

How are your memory sticks installed? If you only have two sticks they must, be separated, not side by side.

This is your Mobo. Install the sticks as shown.

Mem Slots.png

So on easier missions I don’t have really any issues, but I feel like my rig should be able to run this well given my specs, but once again I could be wrong. I think what it might be is for some reason I have 47gb out of my 64gb of memory pre cached, so I’m going to try to get rid of as much pre caching as I can as I think my problems are stemming from DCS not having much memory to work with so it’s immediately maxed out. I have my sticks installed right too, I made sure to pop them into the right slots

@Roady

It probably is that one mission. There's a whole lot of stuff going on there. You've got ground units and airplanes all over the place you got a sh**ton of triggers. it's a very complicated mission. Like I said I managed to open it but it wouldn't run well. I'm just about out of ideas so if you're doing okay on other missions then the problem is probably just that one particular mission there's only so much that any computer can handle. You may have just reached the end of your rope. 😎

Edited by rayrayblues

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• ED Team

please continue to add your dcs logs from MT sessions here in this thread if you are still seeing issues 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

please continue to add your dcs logs from MT sessions here in this thread if you are still seeing issues 

thanks

Did you try the mission he posted?

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

1 hour ago, rayrayblues said:

I also have tried these missions with the same issues. The Syria one is almost totally fine when I'm on the ground, and the moment I get in the air I get the bad stuttering. The PG mission is the most playable by far, I still have the stuttering issues but much less. Feel free to try these too, I'm still having trouble believing it's too big because I have good specs (I know not the best specs but still pretty solid ones), but hey maybe it really is just too much for my computer to handle.

liberation_nextturn Syria.miz liberation_nextturn.miz

On 5/4/2023 at 4:54 PM, rayrayblues said:

Not to beat a dead horse here but @rayrayblues did you try the other missions I posted? Curious if those give you the same issues as well. I’m fairly convinced at this point that they’re just too big to run on my system. @BIGNEWY any thoughts on this?

• ED Team
On 5/5/2023 at 2:52 AM, rhoady said:

I also have tried these missions with the same issues. The Syria one is almost totally fine when I'm on the ground, and the moment I get in the air I get the bad stuttering. The PG mission is the most playable by far, I still have the stuttering issues but much less. Feel free to try these too, I'm still having trouble believing it's too big because I have good specs (I know not the best specs but still pretty solid ones), but hey maybe it really is just too much for my computer to handle.

liberation_nextturn Syria.miz 1.12 MB · 1 download liberation_nextturn.miz 1.14 MB · 1 download

the liberation missions seem to be creating a problem, try a standard mission and see if you get better results 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

22 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

the liberation missions seem to be creating a problem, try a standard mission and see if you get better results 

Bummer. Not the news that I was hoping to hear, but I had a feeling that was the heart of the issue. Thank you for checking, that would make sense why normal missions work totally fine. Not sure if you were able to figure this out or not but is it the extra LUA scripts that are hurting it or is it the Liberation script itself?

• ED Team
23 minutes ago, rhoady said:

Bummer. Not the news that I was hoping to hear, but I had a feeling that was the heart of the issue. Thank you for checking, that would make sense why normal missions work totally fine. Not sure if you were able to figure this out or not but is it the extra LUA scripts that are hurting it or is it the Liberation script itself?

not sure, maybe a bad save on the liberation mission, if you have an earlier save it maybe worth trying. 
Make sure you are on the latest liberation version and also see if a fresh mission helps 

thanks

10 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

not sure, maybe a bad save on the liberation mission, if you have an earlier save it maybe worth trying. 
Make sure you are on the latest liberation version and also see if a fresh mission helps 

thanks

Okay, I reinstalled Liberation and am going to just make new campaigns. Reimaged back to Win 10 so figured I'll just start totally fresh.

edit 2: @BIGNEWY Ive just seen that this thread is mostly about MT? My findings are specifically about VR, maybe I should post this seperate in VR bugs?

edit: Maybe I shouldve posted this first lol. So again the scenario, empty Syria map, just my F-18 sitting on Ramat David runway. This is what how my CPU usage looks like. Not sure what my CPU is even busy doing here? Below is CPU performance graph for MT and ST.

Also the memory is kinda crazy for that as well. My GPU being shown as maxed seems weird, now that I look at it. My settings are quite moderate and eg ST is clearly CPU bound with only slightly less frames.

Spoiler

image.png

This is how ST looks in the same scenario. I think it shows "cpu bound" at all times:

image.png

Am 4.5.2023 um 23:41 schrieb BIGNEWY:

thanks

Just made a new mission on syria, just the map, put an F-18 in it. Got into the cockpit and sat on the runway. Picture of performancegraph, also log below.

image.png

dcs.log

I had a lot of that annoying head movement jitter, but I assume it might come from the bad frametimes. 

And you know the strange thing? My big messy Liberation mission was like 30-80fps constantly stuttering, and this Syria mission with nothing happening is 76fps, still stuttering (still extremely, if slightly less). Its weird, like MT runs better, but in VRs theres just some new weird bottlenecks.

Done the same for Caukasus, its slightly less bad but still feels very bad. Not that the average fps is like ~80-85, with the cap being at 90:

Spoiler

Now done the same on Syria, F-18 on runway, nothing else, in ST. Its not perfect, frametimes still kinda bad and movement very lightly jittery, but its vastly more playable. Game runs 76fps average, which, as all results, is strangely low for a single plane missions.  Only an issue in VR, but at least the frametimes are massively better.

Spoiler

I hope this is helpful in some way 😄 Otherwise just tell me more specific things. I can post settings and send Dxdiag again, think Ive given both to Bignewya already and should have them ready.

Edited by Temetre
  • Like 1

Additonally, this is DCS MT, same scenario, Syria with only my F-18 on ground, in 2D. 1080p 144fps screen:

Spoiler

Again seems like a weird patter of CPU usage and render thread being maxed. And this is mostly at the 180fps limit, with only some drops and somewhat rough frametimes. I hope someone can make sense of this^^

Edited by Temetre

• 2 weeks later...

@Roady @BIGNEWY  Looks like I'll be out of commission for a while. I fell and broke my hip.

I can't sit at the computer for more than a few minutes at a time. I'm supposed to get surgery later this week.

I'll be in touch.

Ray

• Like 2

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

Looks like I'll be out of commission for a while. I fell and broke my hip.

get well soon.

• Like 1

Am 23.5.2023 um 19:49 schrieb rayrayblues:

@Roady @BIGNEWY  Looks like I'll be out of commission for a while. I fell and broke my hip.

I can't sit at the computer for more than a few minutes at a time. I'm supposed to get surgery later this week.

I'll be in touch.

Ray

Ouch. Wish you a good recovery!

• Thanks 1