Message “ TrackIR unplugged “ , kneeboard popped -up and canopy automatically open during flight

dock999

Hi : I wonder If any M2k pilot has come across this issue :  in the middle of the flight ‘ sudden a message popped up indicating “ TrackIR unplugged “ which I have not been using for many years , followed by  Pop -up of the window of the M2k kneeboard , then the worst came out : the canopy suddenly opened and gone  , you have to basically end your mission .  The episode happened to me many many time . Anyone has had similar experience ?

I am on the latest Beta version. 

38 minutes ago, dock999 said:

Hi : I wonder If any M2k pilot has come across this issue :  in the middle of the flight ‘ sudden a message popped up indicating “ TrackIR unplugged “ which I have not been using for many years , followed by  Pop -up of the window of the M2k kneeboard , then the worst came out : the canopy suddenly opened and gone  , you have to basically end your mission .  The episode happened to me many many time . Anyone has had similar experience ?

I am on the latest Beta version. 

it sounds like a control binding issue to me. can you look through controls for that plane to see if any control is bound to multiple places? the TIR unplugged could be the option "device hotplug"

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

thanks for the prompt replay.

I have attached a trk file to the message . I was flying in VR and for some reason the track IR message dose not show up in 2D view .

During the flight I have not touched anything , especially those 2 keys binding in the throttle device . Do you think this is a binding issue?

I also attached keybinding screenshots

error.trk

keybinding.docx

Edited by dock999
add files

On 4/6/2023 at 5:56 AM, dock999 said:

thanks for the prompt replay.

I have attached a trk file to the message . I was flying in VR and for some reason the track IR message dose not show up in 2D view .

During the flight I have not touched anything , especially those 2 keys binding in the throttle device . Do you think this is a binding issue?

I also attached keybinding screenshots

error.trk 17.34 MB · 3 downloads

keybinding.docx 4 MB · 4 downloads

hmm ok so you use VR and have trackIR? i do not use VR so i am unsure. i would not think you would need to have trackIR running with VR. there may be some sort of conflict. try this. go into your bindings for the AC and remove the bindings for trackIR. or just unplug trackIR when you are in VR.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

1 hour ago, Iron Sights said:

If you don’t use Track IR at, make sure all the drivers are gone  and the program is completely uninstalled. Could be some garbage left over. Also run a full repair on DCS, see if that gets it.

gotcha. your first post mentioned the popup about trackIR. best to get rid of everything that you can.

8 hours ago, Iron Sights said:

If you don’t use Track IR at, make sure all the drivers are gone  and the program is completely uninstalled. Could be some garbage left over. Also run a full repair on DCS, see if that gets it.

good point and make sense.  However, popping up randomly of canopy and kneeboard during flights is still a mystery.

9 hours ago, dock999 said:

good point and make sense.  However, popping up randomly of canopy and kneeboard during flights is still a mystery.

agreed. i figured it would not be a bad idea to get rid of that error too. is it possible you have a button(s) stuck? maybe remove that / those binding(s) as a test.