Eager to fly your clunker of a plane in modern times? The 2nd Euphratic Brigade is recruiting!

SabreDancer

Do you like WW2-Cold War planes, but don't feel that those eras themselves are right for you?

Do you like unconventional tactics and missions which require you to fly your plane to its best ability in order to succeed against technologically superior foes?

Do you want to be a part of a hodgepodge third world air force that uses hand-me-down aircraft like Syrian MiGs, Swedish Viggens, Israeli Skyhawks, American P-51s and Iraqi Mirage F1s simply because we can't afford anything better?

Then join the 2nd Euphratic Brigade!

Euphratic... Brigade?... What's that?

Lore time!

Founded with the express goal of having a REDFOR squadron for the Syria map, the 2nd Euphratic Brigade is based around Tabqa airfield, right on the river Euphrates, in an alternate universe, as a militia air force flying a variety of airframes in service to a democratic Syrian commonwealth. Our little slice of the country initially started out with nothing but the worst, flying P-51s and Avia S-199s because all we were tasked with was fighting the odd ambush by insurgents.

Soon, though, a coup against the Lebanese government resulted in a dictatorship intent on conquering lost lands, rapidly rebuilding its naval, land and air forces to achieve this before waging a strong regional war. Our group fought through this bitter and brutal conflict for a while, with our faction only recently emerging the victor due to an unexpected American intervention. We've since returned to peacetime conditions, and are in a good spot to welcome new members!

End of Lore Time!

Want to fly missions as varied as counterinsurgency against a resurgent terrorist threat, to reconnaissance of a POW camp to rescue friendly prisoners, to providing protection to world leaders engaging in peace talks in Aleppo, to blind bombing attacks against a fleet in port battened down due to a brutal storm Whether facing down a junta or rescuing downed pilots, we fly it all!

The important stuff, in a condensed list

We fly on Syria! While we have the occasional excursion to other regions, we generally stick to the Syria map.

We are canonically a militia air force, and have no ranks or skill requirements! If you're new to the game or a particular plane, that's honestly worth bonus points. We each have our own custom skins, with custom camos and nose art spanning shark teeth to catgirl ears.

We are casual and like using our planes in novel ways! We lean towards engaging and unique missions, and pride ourselves on creative uses of aircraft- using a Mirage 2000 as flight lead to tell the F-5s and MiG-15s in the flight when to drop their bombs on target, for example. For another case, we have a single ex-Iranian Tomcat but no Phoenix missiles, so we sometimes use it as an AWACS or our one TPOD-capable aircraft on those extra-special strike missions.

We democratically choose when to fly! We try to include everyone in scheduling, and often change the schedule to accommodate as many people as possible. Currently we meet on Thursday evenings, but if that doesn't work for you, feel free to ask for a change!

We are LGBT-friendly and explicitly work towards being a safe space for all to fly!

If this sounds like the place for you--

Join our discord server! https://discord.gg/Skchk9tCCN

Screen_211215_225334.png

Screen_211215_225752.png

Screen_221017_045647.png

• Like 2

So, you like old garbage and working with it? My kind of scum: Fearless and inventive.

I like what I've read. I got my own squadron, but it'd be cool if we could organize a co-operative event in the future.

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• 3 weeks later...