Feedback Thread AJS-37 Viggen - Update April 13th 2023

IronMike

Dear all,

this month we have a rather small update for the Viggen, focusing mainly on fixing remaining issues with the tertiary air hatch and the gear door numbers not working. As always we would kindly like to ask you for your feedback.

We would also like to take the opportunity to introduce you to @Silhou - our newest team member, who will help us greatly with customer support, bug tracking and administrative tasks. We are very happy to have her and we hope that together with her help we can improve our customer interaction even more! In the future tracked bugs will also receive a code, which will help to reference previous reports or already tracked bugs in future discussions if need be. Please join us in kindly welcoming Silhou to the team and to our forums.

Thank you all for your great feedback and continued support!

Team Heatblur

Changelog DCS AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

• Fixes to tertiary air hatch conditions and animations
  • Fixed gear door tactical numbers not working

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 4

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hi everyone!

I am Silhou. I will be helping the team in the future with bug tracking, customer support, and other administrative stuff. I am really excited to meet you all and hope I'll be a great help to you as well 😊

I am always glad to assist you with figuring out the issues you may have and make sure the team knows about them, and therefore make your experience even better!🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dzsekeb said:

I'm not quite sure yet if this is a bug, but it seems like the maverick video feed is not working if I start on the ground, only works when starting in air.

Did you wait for the mavericks to finish their warm up exercises after take off? Takes 3 minutes from when the nose gear lifts off the ground before they become functional.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Gear number now "works" and can be worked with, although only 0-5 😅  6-9 are out of sync and not aligned properly to the texture.
Both are still very faded as well when IRL they were pretty much solid color decals, high vis red/orange and solid black

Screen Shot 04-14-23 at 12.52 AM.PNG

The distance between the numbers works now or ca be made to work with some texture tweaks... it's like just at the minimum distance of ~50 different aircraft I compared it to, half are around where it's at (depending on the number combination giving a bit more air) and the rest have about 20-25% wider gap. Like 56 in the pic above is pretty squashed together 😅

And if anyone else wants to play around with them, texture can be found in the texture folder in CoreMods:
    {"HB_VIG_EXT_DoorTacNoFirst", 0 ,"HB_VIG_TacNo_Black",false};
    {"HB_VIG_EXT_DoorTacNo", 0 ,"HB_VIG_TacNo_Black",false};

custom_args =
{
    [851] = 1
}

19 hours ago, S3ntry said:

Hi @Silhou, warm welcome to you.

Quick question regarding the paintkit that was announced in the December 16th patch: is it available somewhere? Can't find it anywhere in the forums or elsewhere.

Thanks!

Hi, @S3ntry, thank you very much! 🙂 

Our apologies for the delay, we hope we can publish it soon. Thank you for your kind patience 🤗

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 12:51 AM, Aenonar said:

Gear number now "works" and can be worked with, although only 0-5 😅  6-9 are out of sync and not aligned properly to the texture.

Screen Shot 04-14-23 at 12.52 AM.PNG

..........................This bug wasn't fixed before release................... 🤦‍♂️