SA Page TDC Slew Speed

MARLAN_

Thank you for fixing the RDR ATTK page TDC slew page, it is SO much more usable.

However, this change did not affect the SA page, which is also very important to control e.g. scale. It will also be weird to have different speeds, especially when setting TDC speed curves/etc.

Hopefully the SA TDC slew speed can also be fixed.

• Like 10

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

Totally second that. It was the first question to my mind when I read the radar TDC speed reduction in the change log today. TBH can't understand how it didn't came to ED's mind when they fixed it just for the radar, but not for the SA page...

Edited by Razor18
  • Like 1

@BIGNEWY @NineLine - Why was this moved to Wish List with no comment? The TDC should absolutely not have different speeds and this is a bug.

• Like 8

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

13 minutes ago, Saruman said:

Best option would be an option to let the user decide slew speed. On X52's minimouse the actual speed is unbearable.

Couldn't you use curves & saturation to achieve this? I haven't played with it a ton though so maybe not.

Assuming you can though, this bug then means if you reduce the saturation to correct the radar attack as desired then the SA speed will be even more of a snail's pace.

Hopefully ED can fix this bug.

Edited by MARLAN_

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Yeah, I played with saturation and reduced it to 60/100 and it's fine again. But now FLIR and SA go too slow, so it seems you are up to do a choice if you don't own a top-tier throttle with proper TDC hat-switch.

I can see why ED considered the slew speed should be changed; I can't see why they did not think different users have different hardware though and need to adjust and customise the sim to it. In theory, DCS lets user even use keyboard for slewing and this huge actual acceleration makes the keyboard assignments useless as well.

Edited by Saruman
  • Like 1

Hey guys........the TDC Slew is now WAY too fast!  It's realisticly unusable. 

On 4/13/2023 at 7:05 PM, Razor18 said:

Totally second that. It was the first question to my mind when I read the radar TDC speed reduction in the change log today. TBH can't understand how it didn't came to ED's mind when they fixed it just for the radar, but not for the SA page...

They fixed nothing for the Radar...they made it worse. Unusable!  It's WAAAAAY to sensitive now. If they want to change it they should make it adjustable in the settings.

11 minutes ago, Капитан Чук said:

Hey guys........the TDC Slew is now WAY too fast!  It's realisticly unusable. 

They fixed nothing for the Radar...they made it worse. Unusable!  It's WAAAAAY to sensitive now. If they want to change it they should make it adjustable in the settings.

The speed is how it is IRL, and its helpful to be fast because then you can use the TDC to adjust scale/azimuth/click the buttons,etc.

However, very importantly is not everyone will have the same hardware, so there definitely should be configuration options.

• Like 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

On 4/16/2023 at 12:09 AM, MARLAN_ said:

The speed is how it is IRL, and its helpful to be fast because then you can use the TDC to adjust scale/azimuth/click the buttons,etc.

However, very importantly is not everyone will have the same hardware, so there definitely should be configuration options.

Indeed, the problem is that IRL they have a force transducer for selling which makes it a lot easier to get a much smaller proportion of input. Most people in dcs are using a gamepad style thumbstick or a hat switch, and can't get that same level of precision.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

1小时前,Swift.说:

Indeed, the problem is that IRL they have a force transducer for selling which makes it a lot easier to get a much smaller proportion of input. Most people in dcs are using a gamepad style thumbstick or a hat switch, and can't get that same level of precision.

I really wish I could plug the red button on ThinkPad onto my throttle, I guess this should be closer to the feel of a real TDC

• 6 months later...

DCS 2.9

To reproduce: open radar page and SA page at the same time, move cursor on radar screen and SA screen, and notice the slew rate of the box is dramatically different. SA page's designator box is significantly slower than on the radar page. SA page has very similar HOTAS logic as the attack radar page in terms of switching display range (you can move up or down, and flick it back to change range), and there's zero proof that the exact same cursor have different speed on different pages. The increased radar cursor speed is great, but shouldn't the cursor rate for SA page be increased as well?

• Like 1