Please explain the new features to your customers

Renko
Go to solution Solved by fausete,

Fisrt of all, great patch released today on the F1!

But i missed one thing. Some insight on what some of that features means or does
For example this:

• Added control surface test.

Or those:

• Implemented missile masking by aircraft body for radar missiles.
  • Added harmonization time to missile locking.
  • Added automatic launch for radar missiles. When this option is selected, the missile fires automatically when getting within missile range of the target.
  • Added full functionality of Magic/SW on switch.

I mean, most of the notes are self explanatory, but there are some like those above that the average user doesnt know what it does

• Solution

Hi,

First of all sorry if it was not too clear, we try to maintain a balance between length and clarity and we've been working on improving the wording, I'll pay more attention to it in the next update.

So the control surface test is basically a test that pilots performed after a certain number of flights to check the electro-hydraulic flight control system, the autopilot and the automatic flaps/slats were working correctly. Basically, you deploy combat flaps, and then flip on the test switch (which is under guard in the rear left panel of the cockpit). Then a counter starts (each number corresponds to a specific failure), if the counter stops at any number, you have to write it down to know what is failing and press the button in the test panel (except at 35 and 40, in which you have to connect the AP and the ALT mode respectively). If you reach the number 88, everything is working fine. You also have to check if the flaps/slats retract.

Missile masking is a situation in which the aircraft body (either fuselage or wings) is blocking the line of sight between missile and target. When that happens the amber 'locked' light of the corresponding missile flashes and launch is not possible. Harmonization time is the time that the radar missile seeker takes to syntonise the right frequency for a radar lock, you can think about it as the time it takes for the missile to lock the target, it is a few seconds. Both of these features can be dissabled in the mission editor for a more 'gamefied' experience.

The automatic launch is controlled by a switch in the armament panel. Basically, when that option is selected, a radar missile will be launched as soon as the target is locked and the aircraft is within range. Yes, as dangerous as it sounds.

The Magic/SW on switch is also located in the armament panel and it energises the seeker head cooling and the gyroscopes of the wingtip missiles.

Edited by fausete
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, fausete said:

Hi,

First of all sorry if it was not too clear, we try to maintain a balance between length and clarity and we've been working on improving the wording, I'll pay more attention to it in the next update.

So the control surface test is basically a test that pilots performed after a certain number of flights to check the electro-hydraulic flight control system, the autopilot and the automatic flaps/slats were working correctly. Basically, you deploy combat flaps, and then flip on the test switch (which is under guard in the rear left panel of the cockpit). Then a counter starts (each number corresponds to a specific failure), if the counter stops at any number, you have to write it down to know what is failing and press the button in the test panel (except at 35 and 40, in which you have to connect the AP and the ALT mode respectively). If you reach the number 88, everything is working fine. You also have to check if the flaps/slats retract.

Missile masking is a situation in which the aircraft body (either fuselage or wings) is blocking the line of sight between missile and target. When that happens the amber 'locked' light of the corresponding missile flashes and launch is not possible. Harmonization time is the time that the radar missile seeker takes to syntonise the right frequency for a radar lock, you can think about it as the time it takes for the missile to lock the target, it is a few seconds. Both of these features can be dissabled in the mission editor for a more 'gamefied' experience.

The automatic launch is controlled by a switch in the armament panel. Basically, when that option is selected, a radar missile will be launched as soon as the target is locked and the aircraft is within range. Yes, as dangerous as it sounds.

The Magic/SW on switch is also located in the armament panel and it energises the refrigeration and the gyroscopes of the wingtip missiles.

Sorry, i think i didnt express well myself

You can keep the notes short its understandable of course.
What i mean is to make an entrance here on the forums and explain in detail what is what, and what it does.
Like you just did.
That way we understand better what features we are gettting, and you guys as developers can explain yourself with more space and length.

Thanks for the explanations about those features

• Like 4

• 1 month later...