Bort Number bug? (Solution in replies)

Sawamura

13 hours ago, Nealius said:

Seconded for an ELI5 or even lines of code we can copy/paste. I’ve resolved liveries with dynamic numbers but have yet seen a how-to to resolve liveries with static numbers. 

Static numbers painted on the skin? You need to edit the texture file, not add lines of code.

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...

16 hours ago, Megalax said:

Static numbers painted on the skin? You need to edit the texture file, not add lines of code.

Not what I'm asking. The dynamic numbers are generated over the static number. I need to change the lines of code to eliminate the dynamic numbers.

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2023 at 7:10 AM, Nealius said:

Not what I'm asking. The dynamic numbers are generated over the static number. I need to change the lines of code to eliminate the dynamic numbers.

This is what I found worked for me.  I wanted to use a MODEX number in the ME but not have it appear on the livery which had it painted on the VFA-15 Valions AJ300(2008) skin.

Add the "custom args" section at bottom of your description.lua file in the livery folder you want to change.  In my example its the VFA-15 Valions AJ300(2008) skin

name = "VFA-15 Valions AJ300(2008)"
countries = {"USA",}

custom_args = 
{
 --[509] = 1.0 --Hemet Change  2.9 no longer valid?
[0027] = -1.0, --tail
[1000] = -1.0, --flaps
[1001] = -1.0, --nose
[1002] = -1.0, --all rest below here are other types of same bort number locations
[1003] = -1.0,
[1004] = -1.0,
[1005] = -1.0,
[1006] = -1.0,
}

• Like 1