Aircraft markings after latest uppdate.

Jsood
Go to solution Solved by DGambo,

On 5/7/2023 at 10:16 AM, SKYPORK said:

A temporary fix is to add this to the end of each livery's discription.lua file.

custom_args =
{
[27] = 1.0,
[1000] = 1.0,
[1001] = 1.0,
[1002] = 1.0,
[1003] = 1.0,
[1004] = 1.0,
[1005] = 1.0,

}

I've only tried this for my custom liveries, so not sure how it will affect the default liveries. Each arg controls a set of numbers. For example arg 27 controls the fintip numbers. viewing the FA-18C in the MDLViewer will tell you which arg controls which  number set.  Hope this helps.

When ED fixes this squawk, it's a simple matter to just delete these lines from each discription.lua file.

That worked for me, thanks.

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

• 1 month later...

looks like the Arg:

[1002] = 1, -- Kuwait Squadron  ( Nose & Tail )

not working now ... old code in?! 🙂

i put it back in:

--KUWAIT -- NOSE NUMBERS
-- back in 2023-08
    {"F18C_BORT_NUMBER_NOSE_kuw_L_100", 3, "empty", true};
    {"F18C_BORT_NUMBER_NOSE_kuw_L_10", 3, "empty", true};
    {"F18C_BORT_NUMBER_NOSE_kuw_L_01", 3, "empty", true};
    {"F18C_BORT_NUMBER_NOSE_kuw_R_100", 3, "empty", true};
    {"F18C_BORT_NUMBER_NOSE_kuw_R_10", 3, "empty", true};
    {"F18C_BORT_NUMBER_NOSE_kuw_R_01", 3, "empty", true};
--KUWAIT -- VERTICAL STABILIZER NUMBERS
-- back in 2023-08
    {"F18C_BORT_NUMBER_KIL_Kuw_L_100", 3, "empty", true};
    {"F18C_BORT_NUMBER_KIL_Kuw_L_10", 3, "empty", true};
    {"F18C_BORT_NUMBER_KIL_Kuw_L_01", 3, "empty", true};
    {"F18C_BORT_NUMBER_KIL_Kuw_R_100", 3, "empty", true};
    {"F18C_BORT_NUMBER_KIL_Kuw_R_10", 3, "empty", true};
    {"F18C_BORT_NUMBER_KIL_Kuw_R_01", 3, "empty", true};

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Foka said:

The question is when default liveries will be fixed to new config.

Indeed.  I have "fixed" a couple of custom liveries and posted fixes for them in comments so others can do the same.  I suppose its the cost of progress.  However, what I find a bit strange is the default liveries are still messed up.  :music_whistling:

Hopefully this next OB update contains these fixes.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this is likely not going to help you.  If you read the thread linked above this was a deliberate change and fixing it requires update to the skins involved.  Some of those are under ED's control likely, so they are responsible for that, but the overall change is not going to be "fixed".

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I have read the various posts. What I don't seem to have read is a response from ED about a fix to be released soon. As others have written, I reiterate that, if the release of the fix were announced, I would not bother to personally fix the problem which, I would like to point out, does not concern other aircraft but only the Hornet and every time an update of any importance is released.

19 hours ago, flavnet said:

Hello everyone! I have read the various posts. What I don't seem to have read is a response from ED about a fix to be released soon. As others have written, I reiterate that, if the release of the fix were announced, I would not bother to personally fix the problem which, I would like to point out, does not concern other aircraft but only the Hornet and every time an update of any importance is released.

In the meantime, you can try and fix the liveries you are using. It's not a bug. It's a change purposely made by ED, so I don't think you should expect a fix.

• Like 2