Bring back all the input device posts to the Input Device forum please

Thadiun Okona

It's a travesty that all the input hardware posts were stripped out of the Input Hardware forum and instedead buried among hundreds/thousands of super lame posts about RAM  and processors. Basic computer hardware has almost nothing in common with joysticks and other input devices which were ironically perfectly at home when they were found in a forum titled Input Devices

• Like 9

Fully agree, has been driving me a bit nuts. Some very valuable threads going to get lost in the mess.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 5

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2 hours ago, dburne said:

Some very valuable threads going to get lost in the mess.

doubtful, as no one does sequential search when looking for information, almost everyone uses a search instead rendering the thread location irrelevant.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

doubtful, as no one does sequential search when looking for information, almost everyone uses a search instead rendering the thread location irrelevant.

No most people decide which threads to read by perusing them on the first page. They look for ones that interest them, not necessarily through the search function. Or i guess I could be the only one who does.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 4

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yup, for a game that is so reliant on input devices, to not have a dedicated input devices forum any more feels a bit lost 😞

Edited by edmuss
  • Like 3

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

On 4/16/2023 at 10:36 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Input hardware, and home cockpits were the two main forums I visited.

Its a PITA that input hardware is merged with general PC hardware. Previously active threads seem to be complete dead now.

• Like 2

I agree.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

And instead of trying to make it better, they go and make it even worse...

Don B

What do you expect? Last time they made a mess of the layout, introducing a ridiculous number of hierarchy levels which make navigation a pain. Now they're digging even further, making the input devices board lose several good threads. Oh, and the search function is garbage, too. Everything they did to the forum since the so called "upgrade" is a travesty.

I couldn't help but notice the Russian forum never got any "upgrades" the English one did. Maybe it's time to admit it's horrible and revert everything to the way it was. It didn't look like much, but it was very usable. But that would require the forum administration to admit they didn't know what they were doing when they put it in, and that couldn't happen.

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 12:36 AM, Rudel_chw said:

Searching turns up so much that it becomes more confusing than helpful

A separate area is more logical 

cheers

Les

• Like 3