Unable to enter LSO view after the latest update.

mason.zh
Go to solution Solved by draconus,

• ED Team

I just tested in MT and it seems to be working for me

please ensure you have update and done a repair of DCS

If you still see the issue please attach your dcs log so we can look for clues 

thank you

Screen_230419_083048.jpg

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 4/19/2023 at 3:03 AM, BIGNEWY said:

I just tested in MT and it seems to be working for me

please ensure you have update and done a repair of DCS

If you still see the issue please attach your dcs log so we can look for clues 

thank you

Screen_230419_083048.jpg

Thanks for the reply!

I did a fast repair and the issue still exist. It's not the screen on LSO stands is not being displayed, the issue was I could not even get into the LSO view. In case my F9 key is not working, I even change the keybind under general -> LSO view to 'Lctl + Lshift + L'

dcs.log

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 8:59 AM, mason.zh said:

Thanks for the reply!

I did a fast repair and the issue still exist. It's not the screen on LSO stands is not being displayed, the issue was I could not even get into the LSO view. In case my F9 key is not working, I even change the keybind under general -> LSO view to 'Lctl + Lshift + L'

dcs.log 223.61 kB · 3 downloads

Try Lalt F9.  TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

20 hours ago, Nealius said:

Sometimes I am unable to enter LSO view until I first use F9 ship view on the carrier, however if no keybinds are working I would check the mission settings. Perhaps external views is disabled in the .miz file?

Just updated to the latest open beta and did a repair, still no luck. Use F9 to enter the ship view and still could not get into the LSO view. I was trying this on both built-in SC launch mission and my custom mission, how can I check if the external views are disabled in the .miz file? 

Maybe double check that the module is installed ?

Check that the keybind is in the "adjust controls".  

In a case of a double bind, try Lalt-F9 and hold. 

If you are trying on a non supercarrier, you owe a case of beer 😉

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

On 5/27/2023 at 5:11 AM, macedk said:

Maybe double check that the module is installed ?

Check that the keybind is in the "adjust controls".  

In a case of a double bind, try Lalt-F9 and hold. 

If you are trying on a non supercarrier, you owe a case of beer 😉

Hi, I've checked everything and I still could not get into the LSO view (both MT and non-MT version). 😂

Game version: 2.8.8.43704 (latest version as of 08/22/23)

Supercarrier mode installed: checked

Double bind: checked, in case my F9 key not working I assigned 2 extra keybinds. (Press F9 key would switch to boat external view)

Mission: ED's F18C supercarrier launch mission.

image.png

image.png

Hmm. 
Ok I checked in the same mission and on a test mission, works fine

In F-18c controls, press L-alt - F9 and it should jump to lso view. If NOT, it might be a controller issue (keyboard, joystick,gamepad etc) 

To check that your F9 key is working. https://www.keyboardtester.com/ 

Only other thing I can think of, is that your have or have had mods installed/ tinkered with ini files. In some cases mods will break the most weird things. A mod broke all car/tank sounds for me. 
Just speculating here, You have a mod and deleted it. Files in core game have changed and deleting the mod is not enough. 
Repair option should catch all and but back to original state on paper. (that is the intention I believe). In rare cases the damage is beyond the repair feature. 

To rule out controller issue, unhook all usb except keyboard and mouse and launch the game. The reason is that track-ir has mapping to the F12 key for centrering view and it interferes with F12 in game. Now if I hold F12, then it registers in game. I just split the two (remap). In my case centering track ir is more important. 

Before last step below, raise a support ticket. Why? you might have caught a rare bug that ED would love to squash or tell you exactly what the problem is.  

Complete uninstall and reinstall should do the trick. 

Please don't wait 2 ½ months to respond (there are interest on the case of beer 😉 ). 

We will fix this 🙂

carrier view test.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 8/22/2023 at 8:34 PM, macedk said:

Repair option should catch all and but back to original state on paper. (that is the intention I believe). In rare cases the damage is beyond the repair feature. 

No, it always works as long as you chose slow/full/check all files, it will completely reset your installation, unless your AV solution messes it up. And it obviously won't touch any mod in your Saved Games folder. And that has been the culprit with a lot of issues lately.

A complete re-installation is more or less the same as a full repair. You dowload the installer, which makes folders etc. Then it runs the Updater which checks for missing/corrupt files and downloads them. 

Cheers! 

Edited by MAXsenna
  • Like 2

Cool. Was it me, I would have repaired then. And over this course of time, I would have reinstalled in a new location. 🙂

Thx 🙂

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 minutes ago, macedk said:

Cool. Was it me, I would have repaired then. And over this course of time, I would have reinstalled in a new location. 🙂

Thx 🙂

One of these days I should do a test.

Do a fresh install alternative installation and let it populate with all of the modules.
Remove all mods from the current installation and perform a full slow repair with removal of extra files, and then do a file diff/compare. To be honest I haven't bothered yet, but I might. I would be very interested in the result. 😁

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 11:09 PM, MAXsenna said:

One of these days I should do a test.

Do a fresh install alternative installation and let it populate with all of the modules.
Remove all mods from the current installation and perform a full slow repair with removal of extra files, and then do a file diff/compare. To be honest I haven't bothered yet, but I might. I would be very interested in the result. 😁

Cheers!

Living on the edge ;). I think my install is a "carry over" from at least 2017. So far so good. 🙂

Kudos to ED for NOT doing the big hide and seek in registry and what not. 

I have a other game on this pc that to the naked eye does not exist. Microsoft magic 😉

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Living on the edge ;). I think my install is a "carry over" from at least 2017. So far so good.

Kudos to ED for NOT doing the big hide and seek in registry and what not. 

I have a other game on this pc that to the naked eye does not exist. Microsoft magic

2017! How cool is that! My stable it's from 2016, while my OpenBeta it's from 2020. Totally agree about the registry! That's really the only reason to re-install all those failed Windows applications.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ok guys, sorry to come back to this thread again. 

The bad news here: I still could not get into the LSO view. 🫥

@macedkGuess I do owe you a beer.

So here are the things I did so far:

1) Uninstall the game completely and re-install it to the latest open beta version.

2) Uninstall and re-install the supercarrier mod.

3) No mods in C:/User/userName/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods

4) Tried in both mt and non-mt versions.

I also noticed some weird behavior in the supercarrier's LSO platform.

My LSO platform looked low poly when I entered the supercarrier for the first time. However, if I hit`Rctl+Ralt+Rshift+F9` which is 'Supercarrier camera' option under general, my LSO platform would actually render something, but the screens are messed up. 

As shown in this video:

I don't think track would be too helpful here but I will still attach it.

I already saved the logs and I guess this would be a great opportunity to submit a trouble ticket.

Screen_231125_202332.jpg

Screen_231125_202423.jpg

no_lso_view.trk

• Solution
18 hours ago, mason.zh said:

I don't think track would be too helpful here but I will still attach it.

Can't use it, because of Sinai map and Hornet, but I'd like you to attach dcs.log.

Did I see correctly that Lalt+F9 works when you're in Controls menu?

Can you also check clean profile? Rename temporarily your C:/User/userName/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta folder and run DCS.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

First, please make a track file from Caucasus map 🙂

Second,  You pc specs please.
cpu 
ram
graphics card please include how much video memory. 
hard disk hdd or ssd  

Windows version. 

vr or one monitor or many monitors. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

19 minutes ago, draconus said:

Most of that info comes within dcs.log.

Yep but also with info not for others (private stuff) 🙂