Spyglass VR zoom is missing now?

YoYo

Hi,

after the last patch, or patch before .... I lost Spyglass option in keybinds. Are they present still? Cant find it ....

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

False alarm, sorry :unsure:. It's present still. I forgot where it was and maybe I removed it last time. Works again. 👌

CY3MbNA.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 1 month later...

This actually has changed.  There used to be an option for this in each aircraft, which IS missing.  I just came back after a break and noticed none were working, and that the aircraft specific binding option was removed.  @BIGNEWY Why were the individual bindings removed?  There are some aircraft that I can't have the same zoom keybind for, so having an option for each aircraft worked great.  This is now an all or nothing for me. 

EDIT: referring to both VR Spyglass Zoom and VR Zoom

Edited by Chaos_Out
  • Like 1

5900x | 3090 | HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi, 

moving the spyglass zoom to the UI Layer is by design, but I will pass on your feedback. 

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vor 26 Minuten schrieb BIGNEWY:

Hi, 

moving the spyglass zoom to the UI Layer is by design, but I will pass on your feedback. 

thanks

Btw, idk if possible, but it would be really nice if the VR-zoom keys wouldnt conflict with non-VR zoom keys. When I play 2D, I put zoom keys on my HOTAS, but VR has a seperate set of zoom keys that I would like to put on the HOTAS as well.

As in, 2D disables the VR zoom keys and VR disables the 2D zoom keys. But the configurator doesnt allow us to use the same buttons for those two functions.

Edited by Temetre
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Chaos_Out said:

This actually has changed.  There used to be an option for this in each aircraft, which IS missing.  I just came back after a break and noticed none were working, and that the aircraft specific binding option was removed.  @BIGNEWY Why were the individual bindings removed?  There are some aircraft that I can't have the same zoom keybind for, so having an option for each aircraft worked great.  This is now an all or nothing for me. 

Now its ok I suppose, the settings is in general options (UI), not for individuals modules so it works for all.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

3 hours ago, YoYo said:

Now its ok I suppose, the settings is in general options (UI), not for individuals modules so it works for all.

My issue is that I don't have any single binding that would work across ALL aircraft.  Perhaps the devs forgot we don't have full access to a keyboard since we have our headsets on.  Due to what some aircraft require, even my modifier is different across some aircraft, which can be a pain to recall sometimes (like coming back from my break), but luckily I've flown my preferred aircraft enough to where I can remember pretty quickly.

Edited by Chaos_Out
  • Like 1

5900x | 3090 | HP Reverb G2

Am 23.5.2023 um 19:07 schrieb BIGNEWY:

Hi, 

thanks

REALLY bad design decision and not at all comprehensible or necessary. I have different setups for different aircraft, for example can I use the zoom of most aircraft on the paddle switch of my warthog hotas. But not every aircraft, the Mig21 for example has a brake lever at this position, so I assigned the brakes to the pedal switch and the zoom was on the thumb button depress. Or take the F18, same situation, VR zoom on the thumb button because the pedal is definitely necessary for what it actually is, AP off, G override.

But I can't just set the VR zoom to the thumb button in general because this is the force trim button in helicopters.

Please, it's fine to put it into UI Layer for those who use the same setup for everything... But bring the selection back individually, it's absolutely not usable for me and I suppose many others how it is now.

Oh btw.. not only the SPYGLASS but the VR zoom AT ALL.

Edited by Ephedrin
  • Like 1

Yes but before you had modules with Spyglass and without. For example I havent this setting for Gazelle and Hawk for example. Now I have for all 🙂 even if the developer forget about it. I think is better now.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif