The WIng - F15 at Bitburg in the 80ies

The-Dude

that's where the F-15's would TDY from to my base at Ramstein. We had a NATO aircraft in and out all the time. from the old WWII (airshows) to the latest and also secret missions (some are no longer secret).

• Like 1

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I flew into bitburg and ramstein all the time, 1983-1986, loved trying to get gunned buy the 15`s and 16`s that flew out of their. they just wish they could match our turn radius in the hawk. they would try, then zoom off a few miles to get us on another pass. great fun 

Edited by Jeb
  • Like 1

I9-9900k, 32MB, RTX2070S, 2560x1440 165hz monitor, track IR, Grass Monkey wireless Puck, Virpil T50-CM3,  Winwing Superlibra stick with Hornet and Viper grip, Winwing Orion2 with Hornet, and F15E grip, Winwing PTO, home made 2060 mounts,  Virpill ACE interceptor pedals

• 5 weeks later...

My first duty station after DS/DS was Bitburg AB.

Although I was in the Army I was stationed at Bitburg as a Patriot Missile Crewmember/Operator.

I enjoyed Bitburg, and being a soldier stationed on an Air Base made it even better.

Here are some pics from there in the 90s.

One of the gates.

Bitburg, Germany.jpg

Couple of pics of the Bitburger Brewery.

Bitburg Brewery From Road.jpg

Bitburger Brewery.jpg

Random F-15 flying over my barracks.

F-15 Taking Off In Bitburg.jpg

Couple of pics of the country side outside of Bitburg.

German Countryside 2.jpg

germancountryside.jpg

A beautiful Stream I found while out hiking/rucksacking

Hiking Bitburg Countryside.jpg

View outside of my barrack window. It's the Battalion HQ building for the 5/7 ADA (Patriot)

Out My Window Bitburg.jpg

A pic of me and my buddy on top of an old bunker just outside of Bitburg.

real soldiers.jpg

Couple of pics of the patriot radar as we leave a FTX on the Garman countryside outside of Bitburg

Patriot Launcher 1.jpg

Patriot Launcher In Transport Close.jpg

A picture of a small square on the Walk Platz in Bitburg

Walkplatz Bitburg 2.jpg

I believe my description of all of the pics are correct but 30 years is a long time. If I'm wrong on my recollection please let me know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AV8B Desert 3 Signature Pic 500 x 100.png

On 4/19/2023 at 12:27 AM, The-Dude said:

true gold, thanks for sharing

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Great footage, especially the missile part of the video, it has to be late 1970s / early 1980s as F-15 still have "turkey feathers", F-15 looks great with them on. At that time Eagle was just the best fighter aircraft.

Am 20.4.2023 um 19:47 schrieb Jeb:

I fley into bitburg and ramstein all the time, 1983-1986, loved trying to get gunned buy the 15`s and 16`s that flew out of their. they just wish they could match our turn radius in the hawk. the would try then zoom off a few miles to get us on another pass 

So you were based at Stuttgart AAF?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 4:17 AM, The-Dude said:

So you were based at Stuttgart AAF?

Wiesbaden with the 1st MI. had a bunch of buddies at Stuttgard. Since we were the only OV/RV`s outside of korea and the US, you kind of knew everyone, and hated a few.

Edited by Jeb
  • Like 1

I9-9900k, 32MB, RTX2070S, 2560x1440 165hz monitor, track IR, Grass Monkey wireless Puck, Virpil T50-CM3,  Winwing Superlibra stick with Hornet and Viper grip, Winwing Orion2 with Hornet, and F15E grip, Winwing PTO, home made 2060 mounts,  Virpill ACE interceptor pedals