M12, shell tanker no contact when tex tanker in the air

Go to solution Solved by Reflected,

I can't finish ( land) in this mission due to little fuel and I can't refuel at shell because it became unavailable
(it stays in the air at angles 15 but can't contact) when texas is in the air.

Is possible to refuel at tex, but I don't have tacan for it, and the tanker is mostly in the clouds so I didn't succeed.

FBm12ts.trk

Edited by DarkIgo

Thanks, it uses the built-in tanker functionality, so as long as it stays in the air, it should work, I can't do anything about it in the editor - maybe you're on the wrong frequency? Or what do you mean 'unavailable'? 

Also, you can use the overhead tanker even if it's in the cloud. Lock it with the radar to join up.

OK, I checked them mission, there is nothing unusual happening. Maybe all fighters got low on fuel, beelined for the tanker, and it doesn't have enough fuel left to give to you. That's why you also have a recovery tanker, Texaco - but honestly I never had to use any tankers on that mission, it's pretty short range.

In this mission, I am a lot in afterburner and after migs are down I only have 2000-3000 fuel left, I tried once to land (case 3), had a bolter, and ran out of fuel.
When I did say I can't contact Shell anymore I meant in the radio menu option for Shell tanker disappear after tex become available I and I thought that AI tanker has unlimited fuel for refueling?

1 hour ago, DarkIgo said:

In this mission, I am a lot in afterburner and after migs are down I only have 2000-3000 fuel left, I tried once to land (case 3), had a bolter, and ran out of fuel.
When I did say I can't contact Shell anymore I meant in the radio menu option for Shell tanker disappear after tex become available I and I thought that AI tanker has unlimited fuel for refueling?

I wish, but unfortunately it's not possible to give the AI unlimited fuel in DCS. It would solve many headaches for me too. Especially an S-3 is pretty limited.