DCS 2.8.4.39313 Open Beta UPDATE is jamming on steam. please fix

• ED Team

Hi, 

please give more details, it seems fine out end 

I will ask the team to check

please attach your dcs log if possible

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Supermax changed the title to DCS 2.8.4.39313 Open Beta UPDATE is jamming on steam. please fix
  • ED Team

its very unusual, other steam users have updated with no issues. 

Try restarting the steam client 

If you use discord i can be contacted here https://discordapp.com/invite/eagledynamics

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Which antivirus do you use? 

Have you noticed any alerts?

you can also contact support directly here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Bei der Aktualisierung von DCS Steam Edition ist ein Fehler aufgetreten (Fehlende Dateirechte) C:Program Files(x86/Steam/steamapps/common/DCSWorld/bin-mt/ed_sound.dll

(by updating there is a mistake (missing file right) this is the message if trying to start the game with my desktop shortcut. I have no idea what is going on.

• ED Team

something has to be creating the problem, do you use windows defender?

try adding your dcs install location to its whitelist and run a verify in steam.

Why was nobody pointing me to the (after uninstall and reinstall on steam during 11h, to get the same update jamming problem, after uninstall and changeing to the standalone version with another 6h of transfering minimal content, and trying to start the game in MT mode ) at least for me obvious fact, that the problem had to do with  the multi-threading,which would have been a almost certain  easy fix somehow. Now i am stuck to this standalone version, which is ok, but i would have preferd to stay on the steam version. Very disapointing client service from the ED Team.

Edited by Supermax

• 2 weeks later...

Fix for STANDALONE version DCS World OpenBeta:

Delete file(Ausschneiden/Cut) as deleting is not working) manually(C:/Programs/EagleDynamics/DCS World OpenBeta/bin-mt/ed_sound.dll and repair through C:ProgramData/Mirosoft/Windows/Start Menue/Programs/Eagle  Dyinamics/DCS World OpenBeta-------- Repair DCS World OpenBeta solved the problem on my side.

Edited by Supermax

• 3 weeks later...

I had same problem with Steam but reason was that disk was almost full.

Edited by Lucidus
reason found
  • Like 1

Specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 3080, Quest 2, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

Had same issue. Since last big update my Steam DCS kept validating and validating over and over and then when trying to play the game, installation process jamms and when trying to start again....... same end result.  There was one corrupted file related to Su-25T. After I have just deleted that file, the installation process was  after that without further issues. All good again.

Screenshot (97).png

Edited by Rainbowgirl