Can't Steer

dresoccer4

New to plane, but I've activated the steer button and using rudder pedals but plane won't steer on ground. whats the trick?

EDIT: visually inspecting the rudder pedals, they don't move when i twist my stick. i've confirmed the mapping is correct. is there a way to unluck the pedals? i'm assuming this is why I can't steer

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

1 hour ago, dresoccer4 said:

New to plane, but I've activated the steer button and using rudder pedals but plane won't steer on ground. whats the trick?

EDIT: visually inspecting the rudder pedals, they don't move when i twist my stick. i've confirmed the mapping is correct. is there a way to unluck the pedals? i'm assuming this is why I can't steer

Have you removed the flight controls lock?

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

3 hours ago, LordOrion said:

Have you removed the flight controls lock?

i'm able to move the stick around. but i'll double check next time i fly

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

8 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

ok, let me know.

In the meantime I can say that my NWS works fine so this does not seems to be a bug, but rather something you did wrong or missing to do.

Edited by LordOrion

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

8 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

With the flight control lock in place, you are still able to move the ailerons, but the elevators are locked and so is the rudder.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, XpRiV said:

With the flight control lock in place, you are still able to move the ailerons, but the elevators are locked and so is the rudder.

ah gotcha then that would probably explain the behavior i was seeing

• Like 4