Spitfire module visual overhaul shown in Normandy 2.0 trailer

jackill

Probably many of you noticed, but it is bit quiet on the forum. On YT NineLine confirmed that Spit will receive (at least) new textures and maybe some model improvements 🙂

Especially cokpit looks great, it was looking bit dated in comparison to newer modules.

11.png

10.png

9.png

8.png

7.png

2.png

6.png

5.png

4.png

3.png

1.png

• Like 5

Lovely! I noticed but didn't thought a lot about it. Kind of shook at off as some kind of reshade trickery.

But an overhaul of the Spit (and the Bf-109....? 🤩 pretty please!) would make much sense, given the push of WW2 with Normandy.

Very sweet!

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Yep, that instrument panel was quite noticeable, but I thought it was a mod, reshade, or whatever that made it look like that.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

On 4/25/2023 at 3:45 PM, Hiob said:

Lovely! I noticed but didn't thought a lot about it. Kind of shook at off as some kind of reshade trickery.

But an overhaul of the Spit (and the Bf-109....? 🤩 pretty please!) would make much sense, given the push of WW2 with Normandy.

Very sweet!

Honesty didn't notice as I was waiting for shots of the map. Not planes. Also the trailer said they have edited for senematic purposes. So any extra visual goodies I just assumed was part of the editing process. 

But this is very good news. I have all the warbirds and fly the P47 a lot but Spit is my favourite. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

16 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

But this is very good news. I have all the warbirds and fly the P47 a lot but Spit is my favourite. 

Same, for historic and pop-cultural reasons, but I rarely fly it these days because - honestly - it looks pretty dated compared to the Mosquito and P-47. Especially on the inside. Details, colors and so on.

I would love ED to do a visual makeover on the older models - but I do see the difficulties with that. 

But if the Spit is overhauled, that gives me a glimpse of hope for all the others too! 🤩

• Like 4

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

I truly cannot comprehend the mentality that dispenses with a module simply because the cockpit doesn't look quite as good as module 'x'.

The Spitfire is blast to fly, the cockpit looks as good if not better than a lot of other sims out there and if you're worrying more about the texture quality of the dashboard than the 109 diving on your tail then, frankly, you're the problem; by letting your superficiality overrule your ability to immerse yourself in a game experience. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

I truly cannot comprehend the mentality that dispenses with a module simply because the cockpit doesn't look quite as good as module 'x'.

The Spitfire is blast to fly, the cockpit looks as good if not better than a lot of other sims out there and if you're worrying more about the texture quality of the dashboard than the 109 diving on your tail then, frankly, you're the problem; by letting your superficiality overrule your ability to immerse yourself in a game experience. 

Well, in a way I have to agree. I just bought the Spit some hours ago. With the current sale and my miles, it's been a steal. And after a few circuits, take offs and landings, I have to admit that she's an absolute blast to fly! Other than the Mossie, I do own all warbirds now. And concerning the work together of graphics and sound (I use a Buttkicker with the excellent Simshaker Sound Modul), I must say that the P-47 is my absolute favourite.

I'm looking forward to learning to fly the Spit! 🙂

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Funny thing is that I started with the Spit and for the last year I had tried jets. Jets are just not my cup of tea. Back to the Spit, 47, and P51. Infact am pretty excited, I got the map update yesterday and am going to build my own battle of Britian. Have not quite loved the P51 with the engine issue, but the 47 and the Spit are just great. One for ground game and the other for air.  To bad no way to sell the Tomcat or the F18. Super Carrier - hope we have a good update when  the Corsair fly's.

• Like 3

On 4/27/2023 at 4:36 PM, DD_Fenrir said:

Well, yes and no. If the "legacy" warbirds were all of my options, the visuals won't keep me from having fun with them. But with the Mosquito and P-47 they have now strong competitors which give me equally amounts of flying fun AND eyecandy. The better trumps the good.

My most preferred (and flown) Helicopter still is and will probably be for a long time the Hip. I love it - still I wished, it had the visual fidelity of the Hind.

I mean, bless you - honestly - when visuals don't matter to you!

• Like 2

If the sounds are good, I still get a highly immersive experience out of the module. This is the case for all the warbirds I own, except for the Dora. I especially enjoy the P-47 and the Anton in that regard. 

Edited by Mik75
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

On 4/27/2023 at 4:36 PM, DD_Fenrir said:

But look from the customer perspective - base price of Spit is the same as P47. So new customer has two modules over two ends of graphics fidelity spectrum, for the same price. Putting sympathy over each module aside, probably more concuss decision will be to buy newer, more up to date plane. So it is important for devs to refurbish older modules from time to time if the want to keep them viable to be still purchasable.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2023 at 7:06 AM, Megalax said:

Update looks great but the wing roundels are still wrong.

The 'standard' paint scheme has needed an update since day one. Never understood why they stuck with MH343's roundels. Or why MH343's roundels look like that to begin with.  To be honest, they should add your generic skin to the defaults, its spot on.

Also, what's up with the boost gauge only going to +16lbs? The only MkIXs that were rated less than +18lbs were the initial series of Merlin 61s which were rated at +15lbs.

Edited by Biggs

On 6/21/2023 at 10:18 AM, Biggs said:

Also, what's up with the boost gauge only going to +16lbs? The only MkIXs that were rated less than +18lbs were the initial series of Merlin 61s which were rated at +15lbs.

Just a thought, not experienced in this, but could this be a pic of a Spit V cockpit gauge?

• 2 months later...
On 4/25/2023 at 3:28 PM, jackill said:

Probably many of you noticed, but it is bit quiet on the forum. On YT NineLine confirmed that Spit will receive (at least) new textures and maybe some model improvements 🙂

Especially cokpit looks great, it was looking bit dated in comparison to newer modules.

11.png

10.png

9.png

8.png

7.png

2.png

6.png

5.png

4.png

3.png

1.png

Is it going to become transparent canopy this time? 

Edited by 303_Kermit
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...