Hydraulic loss and the gear

Indianajon

Recently during a low level sortie in the excelllent V for Victory campaign I had my hydraulics shot out. On return to base I was able to drop the gear but not lock it. I tried shaking the aircraft and a few other odds a sods but to no avail. Unsurprisingly on touching down it collapsed and I came to an embarrassing stop in a shower of sparks. 

So my question is if there is an emergency way of locking the gear down such as in the Tomcat? I have had a brief look through the manual but couldn't find anything obvious. 

Thanks I'm advance. 

5 hours ago, Indianajon said:

Recently during a low level sortie in the excelllent V for Victory campaign I had my hydraulics shot out. On return to base I was able to drop the gear but not lock it. I tried shaking the aircraft and a few other odds a sods but to no avail. Unsurprisingly on touching down it collapsed and I came to an embarrassing stop in a shower of sparks. 

So my question is if there is an emergency way of locking the gear down such as in the Tomcat? I have had a brief look through the manual but couldn't find anything obvious. 

Thanks I'm advance. 

ED's manual are pretty dry, it's better to use Chuck's guides for learning to operate the modules.

Here's an excerpt from Chuck's Mosquito's guide on emergency gear operation:

null

image.png

• Thanks 1