Few questions about Hornet

Kril_FC

@BIGNEWY

A few questions about the F-18:

They promised edits to the flight model, when can we expect them?

The landing animation of the landing gear and the entire aircraft is still very "sluggish" - will it be corrected? (swaying, sinking when touching, displaying all this in the cockpit).

Textures outside even compared to the F-16 already clearly outdated, the resolution is low - will you upgrade?

The same question about the cockpit textures - it is time to "upgrade", improve resolution, detailing, reflections in the displays and on the HUD to make more realistic

The reflections on the cockpit glass - the F-16s are all quite nice, when can F-18 users expect the same reflections?

will there be added vibrating elements in the cockpit at high angles of attack and similar conditions - similar to other aircraft where this is implemented?

DTC - when will it be updated?

Will the pilot model be updated this year?

Physics of the refueling cart has been promised for a long time, how much longer do we have to wait?

Landing hook breakage, broken rear landing gear struts - will there be a landing damage model for an overloaded aircraft?

Thanks for the answers.

• Like 1

I7 13900K | 128Gb | RTX 4090 | NVME 2Tb + SSD 512Gb + SSD 240Gb x2 | Warthog+VPC Warbrd+VPC Warbrd rudder pedals | WinWing MIP | Oculus Quest 3 | Benq 28" 4k x2 | Gametrix JetSeat

Sounds more like a wish list. 

I think they need to finish the road map first. 

Edited by Sarge55
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

The big edits to the flight model already happened, didnt they? Idk if its was 6-12 months ago, but it made the Hornet more agile and speedy. I think also some ground effect, it became slightly harder to land on runways?

Pretty sure they are still finetuning it though.

Edited by Temetre

• ED Team
8 hours ago, Temetre said:

The big edits to the flight model already happened, didnt they?

no not yet

FM/FCS is still very much undergoing a large refactoring

thank you

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2023 at 1:03 PM, BIGNEWY said:

no not yet

FM/FCS is still very much undergoing a large refactoring

thank you

This is great news! I can't wait to enable wake turbulence for carrier operation, I really hope the new FM/FCS will fix this.   

• 1 month later...