Does it work on Normandy 2.0 map?

Did you try to fire up on this new map?

Any info @Bunyap ?

🙂

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Hey YoYo,

I tried it for the first time yesterday, everything seemed to be fine, except that I couldn't communicata with Ruqueville field on any channel (not the usual B, nor any of the others), I'm wondering if the field frequency has been changed on the new terrain.

Same as what Gianky wrote. Charnwood mission 10 (or 8 or so) worked fine for me, it's just the home base ATC ignored me.

However, I got terrible and strange stutters - with flickering font colours in fps window. Normally when flying (solo, sightseeing) over the new Normandy I get steady green "GPU BOUND" in this window. My card is garbage, I guess (2060 6GB), so I'm not surprised, but in the Charnwood mission two colours were flickering very fast, maybe 10 times a second or faster. One of the colours was definitely yellow (so "CPU BOUND") and the other one... I think it was red, I couldn't see it well. I don't know what red font is for. In that case I don't know what the bottleneck was - the graphics card itself, some deficiency in MT code (that will, perhaps, be addressed in the future), my CPU (which has gracefully handled most of DLC campaigns so far), or what? Hmm... PCs have always been pain in the neck 😕

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

I have FPS issues, but since I'm running VR on a 1070, I'd say it's first and foremost due to my videocard; gotta say, btw, that I had fps drop only when in areas with several AI units. I'm running the MT version esclusively, right now.

Talking about changes to the campaign, I just played mission 9, the one where you have to cut a couple of railway junctiolns: well, it may be my bad skills at reading maps and dead reckoning, but it seemed to me that the images in the briefing and the kneeboard are now outdated and don't describe the targets accurately with respect with the new terrain.

Oh... yeah, map details, didn't think about them. A forest or a village might have moved south or disappeared, a new settlement might have popped up where a forest was etc. Good point.

9 hours ago, Gianky said:

gotta say, btw, that I had fps drop only when in areas with several AI units

Yes! That was exactly what happened on my end - a bit more AI units somewhere and bang - heavy stutters. That's why I called them "strange" stutters - I didn't have them before in this campaign and it's the very same campaign, no one modified it. I also considered Charnwood very mild on my PC, played through most of it in the old Normandy with zero issues.
So... either it's something related to MT, though in theory MT should help preventing CPU stutters, not make them worse (that's the whole point behind it), or maybe it's something to do with graphics, somehow (the new Normandy is heavier than the old one). Maybe I need to write to Santa for a new rig... I'm worried the poor dude has had enough of me already 😉

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

• 2 weeks later...

Same as the others.  With AI on screen the game stutters quite badly but the missions seem to load in and run. I did run into some bad AI on the first command post bombing mission.  Ordered them to attack primary target and they just went of gallivanting across the French countryside.  But otherwise the only issue is the stuttering which is quite bad.  

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core 3.40 GHz and an RTX 3080.  Also in VR (Valve Index). 

• 5 months later...

Update: tried this with EDGE 2.9.  It's better than it was before, but I only consider it barely playable on my system.  Mission I tried was mission 6 and the frames frequently dropped into the single digits. I was able to complete the mission but the frames were bad enough that accurate strafing or bombing wasn't really possible.