WWII birds a waste of time . FIX your spotting mechanics DCS . !!!!!!!!

KoN

What is the point of all this hard work that goes into making beautiful 3D modules at $50.00 , With hours and hours of time spent on maps and patch fixes . 

WHEN you cant actually see any "GOD DAM" Targets or  contacts due too the awful spotting mechanic's in DCS- WORLD WWII  . 

When, yes When is this going to get fixed . !!!!! DCS . WHEN . !!!!!!

Sunday night and we have 100 players on a WWII server and every one is complaining at not being able to spot any aircraft . Some people even laughing at the lunacy of it all . 

This is the oldest complaint from this long standing community with DCS and its been going on for years .  . 

We would like answers please ED .

WWII is growing with the MT thread and new maps coming out .

New players are coming and yet are leaving WWII.

VR is on the up with new headsets that are cost effective and DCS WWII needs to keep up . 

Can we have a answer if any improvements are coming too DCS WWII with the spotting . 

Edited by KoN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Totally agree.

DCS is stuck on 1080p resolution. That's the only way to see things in DCS . Go above 1080p and your be struggling to see things . VR we can see big black dots but as soon as you get close they vanish or if you zoom in vanish . 

Other sims have managed to pull spotting off . Why not a combat simulator called DCS . 

Nearly 100 players tonight on a WWII server how good is that . 

Yet people struggling to spot. 

• Like 4

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

This forum post also fits the Topic.

Let's hope ED listens to the buyers of its products and improves the spotting at higher resolution.
WW2 and Coldwar need this upgrade very urgent to continou to grow...

• 3 weeks later...

I see that the new patch blocks the improved dot mod.   For me the improved Dot mod allowed me to spot contacts in a realistic time.  Now since the mod is blocked from being used, will there be a patch that will help users like myself?  I own 95 % of the modules and at this point doesn't even feel worth continuing when In WWII missions on 4ya servers I am unable to spot anyone till they are on my 6.  I donate to many of the Groups on youtube and discord for their DCS content.  I wont be flying till this issue is fixed.  Which means I will halt the donations as well.  

Below is the PC I run off

Processor    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor               4.70 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 TI 

4 K Monitor  ASUS VG34V 

Edited by TPrince
  • Like 5

4 K Monitor  ASUS VG34V 

The Wolf Pack US servers have the integrity check turned off, so the improved contact spotting mod still works. They also have dot neutral labels available, so you can use those if you like.
The server is in the US, but the ping isn't bad from a European location, it's perfectly useable. The users seem to behave like grown ups as well.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

3 hours ago, Extranajero said:

The Wolf Pack US servers have the integrity check turned off, so the improved contact spotting mod still works. They also have dot neutral labels available, so you can use those if you like.
The server is in the US, but the ping isn't bad from a European location, it's perfectly useable. The users seem to behave like grown ups as well.

Thank you for your input . But this is about how DCS has a Spotting issue . Now new patch Stealth blocks that MOD . Very clever and VERY quick of DCS to block this . Yet still waiting for a real solution . Very cheeky DCS . 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

The Day the new patch came out to block the Improved Dot Mod.  Arguments and screaming was all over SRS.  Pilots being frustrated because they are calling for help and a bunch of the people would radio back they couldn't spot them.  The person was shot down and went on a rant about how bad people are flying this simulator.  It was so bad people had to switch channels.   Its things like this the ED team should be understanding.   The Normandy 2 Map is beautiful, and it brought back a lot of former players to play again only to say they wont join till the spotting issue is fixed.  Beyond Frustrating

Edited by TPrince
  • Like 2

4 K Monitor  ASUS VG34V 

On 5/19/2023 at 11:28 AM, TPrince said:

The Day the new patch came out to block the Improved Dot Mod.  Arguments and screaming was all over SRS.  Pilots being frustrated because they are calling for help and a bunch of the people would radio back they couldn't spot them.  The person was shot down and went on a rant about how bad people are flying this simulator.  It was so bad people had to switch channels.   Its things like this the ED team should be understanding.   The Normandy 2 Map is beautiful, and it brought back a lot of former players to play again only to say they wont join till the spotting issue is fixed.  Beyond Frustrating

not to change the subject but how is the 4070 in vr? I have a 3060ti and am thinking of upgrading.

On 5/3/2023 at 1:38 PM, kastrati said:

This forum post also fits the Topic.

Let's hope ED listens to the buyers of its products and improves the spotting at higher resolution.
WW2 and Coldwar need this upgrade very urgent to continou to grow...

DCS squashed this MOD with in one month with the new patch . You can no longer use this mod . 

Wow ..!!!  a mod was banned that fixed the constant complaints about spotting and target LOD and DCS banned this in one month . 

Pity they didn't put in the effort so quickly too actually fixing the spotting issues for the community that actually buy their product. 

Talk about double standards . 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

@DCoffey   Its actually really nice.  I go back and forth.  But VR for a Huey gets me a little motion sick hahahahhs.    Funny considering I deep sea fish and have no issues on the ocean hahahha.  I really wanted the 4090 but it's price tab is just to big.  

Edited by TPrince

4 K Monitor  ASUS VG34V